Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Identify this wastegate

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Anyone have any idea what company made this wastegate? It looks like billet to me, has a banjo fitting on top and a double adjustable linkage. It has no markings at all.
IMG_0131.JPG

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I came across a Mountune wastegate actuator that the top looks similar to the one you've got. Can't tell for sure, since all that's shown in your pic is the head.

View attachment 44443
That Ring around it is an indicator of TIAL if you compare the two* the only thing that is different is the top is rounded on the Tial and this one is more square. Maybe they partnered up With Tial to make some for their MRX line.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

slopoke

That Ring around it is an indicator of TIAL if you compare the two* the only thing that is different is the top is rounded on the Tial and this one is more square. Maybe they partnered up With Tial to make some for their MRX line.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

In his post, he mentioned double adjustable rod, the Mountune unit is double adjustable. Whereas the Tial is not. That's the reason I suspect that it maybe a Mountune unit.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
In his post, he mentioned double adjustable rod, the Mountune unit is double adjustable. Whereas the Tial is not. That's the reason I suspect that it maybe a Mountune unit.
There are different Rods available through ATP and TIAL....Like i said maybe its a Joint deal with TIAL and mountune for their MRX Turbsky.

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #8
I came across a Mountune wastegate actuator that the top looks similar to the one you've got. Can't tell for sure, since all that's shown in your pic is the head.

View attachment 44443
That is it thanks, it's an upgraded wastegate added to the MRX kit. Where did you get the picture from. I could not find it on Mountune's site.

slopoke

Hey OP. Is that a Mountune MRX turbo? If it is, it's got the optional wastegate. From your pic, it looks like a MRX.

slopoke

That is it thanks, it's an upgraded wastegate added to the MRX kit. Where did you get the picture from. I could not find it on Mountune's site.

I did a Google search for Fiesta ST waste gate actuators. That's how I found that pic. A few moments ago I looked at your turbo and some things about it made me think that it's an MRX. ATPs turbine outlet is all welded up, at least mine was on the GTX 2860R unit. And the locking ring slots on the turbine outlet flange nuts. I went to the Mountune site and looked at the pics of the MRX. The last pic shows the wastegate upgrade.

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #11
I did a Google search for Fiesta ST waste gate actuators. That's how I found that pic. A few moments ago I looked at your turbo and some things about it made me think that it's an MRX. ATPs turbine outlet is all welded up, at least mine was on the GTX 2860R unit. And the locking ring slots on the turbine outlet flange nuts. I went to the Mountune site and looked at the pics of the MRX. The last pic shows the wastegate upgrade.
Yea I bought a used MRX kit, the pic I had of the turbo had a different wastegate. The turbo is a GT2554R