Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

"I'll just get an OTS tune and an exhaust" ....one year later.

pixelzombie

Thanks! I didn’t drive very long on the 17s but I prefer the 16s. I never pushed the 17s too hard since I wasn’t as familiar with the car yet but she handles extremely well with the 16s. And they’re a lot lighter so the car feels noticeably faster.
If you ever decide to record that data, I use Track Addict in conjunction with a GPS receiver.

Decided to do the door card armrests today. It’s a LOT of work compared the center console & shift boot, and takes some patience to get it right, but I’m happy with the results. View attachment 40432
That looks sooo good. I went ahead and ordered today (shift boot, arm rest, front/rear door arm rest) after seeing your install. Did you use spray adhesive to mount the door arm rest?

OP
bflan2001
Thread Starter #27
That looks sooo good. I went ahead and ordered today (shift boot, arm rest, front/rear door arm rest) after seeing your install. Did you use spray adhesive to mount the door arm rest?
I used 3M heavy duty spray adhesive. I had to trim the edges in a few spots to get them to fit better. Go slowly and keep test fitting to make sure you get a good fit. The instructions on their site say to grind off the melted plastic posts, I found it easier to use a sharp utility blade and carefully slice them off. There are a couple that do need to be ground off though since you can’t get a blade on them. Getting the old foam off is also tricky. Once you get the majority of the foam off by hand, I found the best tool again was a sharp utility blade and just carefully but firmly drag it across the foam to scrape it off.

EDIT: Another note about removing the old foam, be careful not to remove the denser black foam underneath the grey stuff. To get the majority of the grey foam off, use your fingers to tightly roll it away from the cardboard. The tighter you can keep it while rolling, the more foam you’ll get off on the first pass. It will save time scraping off the last bit of foam with the blade.

Last edited:
OP
bflan2001
Thread Starter #32
Found a shifter setup that I’m happy with without spending a fortune on the Coolerworx setup. I have the Boomba shift lever paired with the Whoosh shift block, a 2” extension & aluminum shifter bushings. The throw is just about perfect and the position is 1000x better than stock. Feels like a proper performance shifter now.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Found a shifter setup that I’m happy with without spending a fortune on the Coolerworx setup. I have the Boomba shift lever paired with the Whoosh shift block, a 2” extension & aluminum shifter bushings. The throw is just about perfect and the position is 1000x better than stock. Feels like a proper performance shifter now.
How does the boomba lever feel? I’ve seen a few reports that it’s notchy but I have a 3” extension and mountune short shifter and love to shorten the throw a bit too.

OP
bflan2001
Thread Starter #34
How does the boomba lever feel? I’ve seen a few reports that it’s notchy but I have a 3” extension and mountune short shifter and love to shorten the throw a bit too.
I wouldn’t say it’s notchy, just tighter than stock and less forgiving. It took me a couple hours of driving around to get used to it and now I love it.

OP
bflan2001
Thread Starter #35
Got a set of Bilstein B6s to pair with the Swift springs and I love how the cornering was improved! I can't get over how much fun it is to throw this thing into a corner and feel the rear end start to rotate around. Some more big mods coming soon since my S280 killed the stock clutch at only 40k miles. I went with an RTS clutch kit from Whoosh because I wanted to stay away from lightweight flywheels but I like the idea of switching to a single mass. I also bought an MFactory LSD a few months ago that will go in at the same time. Can't wait for all the parts to come in so I can schedule the swap!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Got a set of Bilstein B6s to pair with the Swift springs and I love how the cornering was improved! I can't get over how much fun it is to throw this thing into a corner and feel the rear end start to rotate around. Some more big mods coming soon since my S280 killed the stock clutch at only 40k miles. I went with an RTS clutch kit from Whoosh because I wanted to stay away from lightweight flywheels but I like the idea of switching to a single mass. I also bought an MFactory LSD a few months ago that will go in at the same time. Can't wait for all the parts to come in so I can schedule the swap!
How does the car sit (ride height-wise) with the Spec Rs/B6 combo for you, as compared to the full stock suspension, roughly the same height (as some have claimed), or lower and by about how much?
(Don't measure it, just a rough visual approximation. [wink])

OP
bflan2001
Thread Starter #37
How does the car sit (ride height-wise) with the Spec Rs/B6 combo for you, as compared to the full stock suspension, roughly the same height (as some have claimed), or lower and by about how much?
(Don't measure it, just a rough visual approximation. [wink])
It definitely sits lower, an inch sounds about right.