Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I'm in love with another italian again....

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Drove a 914 it was fun. Felt unsafe total go kart, X19’s always looked like take your life in your hands cars. Lol I am with some of the responses to the article. They should have shoved a 500 Abarth engine in it. More correct and as you know sounds awesome.

SrsBsns

What a cool little kit and a nice article. I would love to get a chance to drive one of those and the price seems pretty reasonable for something like that. At least it has more functionality than something like the Atom.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Drove a 914 it was fun. Felt unsafe total go kart, X19’s always looked like take your life in your hands cars. Lol I am with some of the responses to the article. They should have shoved a 500 Abarth engine in it. More correct and as you know sounds awesome.
You know what I liked most about the 500 abarth? If your oil got too low, the engine simply wouldn't run! You couldn't hurt it, it just wouldn't start without oil pressure. Mine sat for a few months, then when I went to start it I thought the starter was bad since it just kept spinning, but after ~ 90 seconds it build up oil pressure electrically and fired right up. NEAT!

Standing next to an x1/9 is enough to know that it ain't gonna happen.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You know what I liked most about the 500 abarth? If your oil got too low, the engine simply wouldn't run! You couldn't hurt it, it just wouldn't start without oil pressure. Mine sat for a few months, then when I went to start it I thought the starter was bad since it just kept spinning, but after ~ 90 seconds it build up oil pressure electrically and fired right up. NEAT!

Standing next to an x1/9 is enough to know that it ain't gonna happen.
Ya I am in the 5’7” camp. I remember climbing into a Porsche Carrera GT and literally feeling like I had do acrobatics to get in. Lol not sure what is about some of these exotics and small sports cars.
I could see how the X19 would be a tight fit. They are tiny. Imagine putting an Abarth in an original 124?
My love is strong though for the S30 240z . First true sports car and absolutely beautiful styling. Classics and going through the roof value price wise. Might just dump the M3 to get back into one.
It would be a resto mod though so it could handle better.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Ya I am in the 5’7” camp. I remember climbing into a Porsche Carrera GT and literally feeling like I had do acrobatics to get in. Lol not sure what is about some of these exotics and small sports cars.
I could see how the X19 would be a tight fit. They are tiny. Imagine putting an Abarth in an original 124?
My love is strong though for the S30 240z . First true sports car and absolutely beautiful styling. Classics and going through the roof value price wise. Might just dump the M3 to get back into one.
It would be a resto mod though so it could handle better.
There are 2 opportunity cars on my list, if I see one that I like I am buying them and have wife approval already :p. A 1972 pantera lusso and an all original 240z, maaaaaybe with the original aftermarket headlight bucket covers. A pre-smog z car? Yes please! Even 280z's are getting expensive :| - I'm not super cost conscious but I am *value* conscious. I need to stop creeping on the auto importer websites, now that you can import cars I have been looking at a pantera GTS but it would have to pass smog. If I saw a 1977ish toyota celica gts I might pick it up too. Not quite as cool as a Z car but still pretty fun. I *love* direct mechanical feel.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'd rather put a fully built/worked, 400 WHP+ Delta Integrale 16V lump in it, just to 'keep it in the family", and a bit more 'authentic' (albeit yes, obviously a lot less 'reliable', not that this is a 'practical' machine anyways [wink]).

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I'd rather put a fully built/worked, 400 WHP+ Delta Integrale 16V lump in it, just to 'keep it in the family", and a bit more 'authentic' (albeit yes, obviously a lot less 'reliable', not that this is a 'practical' machine anyways [wink]).
I mean, you dont buy italian for reliability or practicality.

Lamborghini in the 80's? "We can't fit a driver!" "Put the driver's seat at an angle sideways, they'll be on cocaine they won't notice!"

If you're looking for a swap for your future 914, do not forget the Subaru EJ option.

One of my best friends in high school had an X19. Very good handling little cars, but sloooooow. The one thing this Honda swap won't fix though is the Italian wiring. All that stuff would really need to be swapped out too.

I've looked at these Honda swapped cars too, but in the end, I think the cost is just more than the car is worth.

What about a K24 swapped Exige?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
One of my best friends in high school had an X19. Very good handling little cars, but sloooooow. The one thing this Honda swap won't fix though is the Italian wiring. All that stuff would really need to be swapped out too.

I've looked at these Honda swapped cars too, but in the end, I think the cost is just more than the car is worth.

What about a K24 swapped Exige?
Exige’s are sick another hard to climb into small car lol.