Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I'm in a spot of trouble, could really use some advice...

ORANGEST

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
The side roof/curtain airbags deployed in my beloved Fiesta ST. How hard is it to remove them? Does anyone know of a good schematic or guide to follow? Second question is... how hard is it to put new ones in? Does anyone know of a good place to buy those and a guide for installation? Thanks in advance...

Dialcaliper

The actual installation should be not very difficult. Check to see if trim pieces need to be replaced as well or if the trim is part of the bag assembly. Factory service manual should have details and instructions along with torque specs.

Just make sure you treat the live airbags with proper respect you’d give anything that was both sensitive electronics and a live explosive. Before connecting connectors, ground yourself out to the car body to make sure there no static discharge zapping things. Don’t stick your face in front of the business end especially when handling or plugging in. Life tip - avoid wearing anything polyester/nylon while handling as they tend to build up more static than other clothing.

Disconnect the car battery and push the brake pedal to make sure the car is not powered at all. The connectors usually have an extra secondary tab that needs to be popped out or release before you can actually unplug the connector

OP
ORANGEST

ORANGEST

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Thread Starter #3
I need to get my hands on this fabled Fiesta ST 2018 service manual everybody keeps referencing... I've seen spreadsheets of torque specs posted here, but...

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I need to get my hands on this fabled Fiesta ST 2018 service manual everybody keeps referencing... I've seen spreadsheets of torque specs posted here, but...
Here are two links to online service manuals. I haven't used them, but they look pretty authentic.I hope you find what you need in them, good luck.
https://www.fofiesta7.com/ford_fiesta_2014_2019_service_manual-1.html

http://sluggyjunx.com/auto/2014_Fiesta/Service Manual.htm