Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intercooler question?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Yeah, that 400HP number is misleading; if I remember correctly that was with a 50-shot. Also, N2O itself cools the intake charge.
actually it's not, there was a dyno and few runs made at that power level
the car lived 99% of the time at 350whp(hybrid) and 390whp(25-550) with no nitrous

the point was the V3 is capable and good for those power levels

Last edited:

Lays

I've never had any problems with my S280 and Whoosh v3, and I make ~370 whp and torque on E40 with my setup @ ~34 PSI.
Car has run bottom 12's in the 1/4 mile with a slipping clutch.

2860 with a V3 is just fine, no sense spending a bunch on something bigger when it's not needed!

You'll blow up the stock engine before you over-power a Whoosh V3.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
actually it's not, there was a dyno and few runs made at that power level
the car lived 99% of the time at 350whp(hybrid) and 390whp(25-550) with no nitrous

the point was the V3 is capable and good for those power levels
I wasn't referring to the heat rejection of your V3; I have one with an X47r and don't have any charge temp. problems during long-ish track sessions. I was referring to the big HP number without mentioning that it came with laughing gas. 350HP on a built hybrid is respectable and another 50HP with a 35 shot and the extra cooling that it brings seems perfectly doable, if not a little risky.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I wasn't referring to the heat rejection of your V3; I have one with an X47r and don't have any charge temp. problems during long-ish track sessions. I was referring to the big HP number without mentioning that it came with laughing gas. 350HP on a built hybrid is respectable and another 50HP with a 35 shot and the extra cooling that it brings seems perfectly doable, if not a little risky.
My understanding was some track guys tune their cars differently, and not for maximum HP. I followed a guy that tracked his mazdaspeed 6 and he ran lower power levels than his car was capable off and part of the reason was to conserve fuel and prevent heat soaking.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
My understanding was some track guys tune their cars differently, and not for maximum HP. I followed a guy that tracked his mazdaspeed 6 and he ran lower power levels than his car was capable off and part of the reason was to conserve fuel and prevent heat soaking.
Maybe not conserving fuel as you’ll usually run it slightly rich, but 100% heat management is a big factor.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Maybe not conserving fuel as you’ll usually run it slightly rich, but 100% heat management is a big factor.
And, like I said, no problems with the Whoosh V3 with my X47r and Dizzy E85 tune. That and the bigger radiator and brakes and the oil cooler mean that my track-limiting factors are gas and tires.