Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intercooler question?

I currently have a x47r and a whoosh v3 fmic. The car is a lot of fun but of course I want more. So I’m in the process of piecing together the mods I need to hit the 400hp mark. So a Garrett gtx 2860r gen2, and aux fuel. The only thing I’m unsure on is the intercooler. I would appreciate anyone’s 2 cents on the matter.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I currently have a x47r and a whoosh v3 fmic. The car is a lot of fun but of course I want more. So I’m in the process of piecing together the mods I need to hit the 400hp mark. So a Garrett gtx 2860r gen2, and aux fuel. The only thing I’m unsure on is the intercooler. I would appreciate anyone’s 2 cents on the matter.
The v2 was the best intercooler whoosh put out. It was a almost 100% replica of Cpe's unit. The next step would be a Bravoalpha * I own one...its the largest intercooler you can buy currently that fits like snug like a bug in a rug. The v3 is great and may be able to keep up with what you want. But if you want bigger Bravoalpha it is for you.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
D
Thread Starter #3
The v2 was the best intercooler whoosh put out. It was a almost 100% replica of Cpe's unit. The next step would be a Bravoalpha * I own one...its the largest intercooler you can buy currently that fits like snug like a bug in a rug. The v3 is great and may be able to keep up with what you want. But of you want bigger Bravoalpha it is for you.

It fits under the stock crash beam?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
the whoosh V3 is used on many 375-400whp cars
no need to upgrade

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
I went with the Bravo Alfa, I looked at the Whoosh but decided on the BA since I hate doing things twice, I went with the biggest one so I know it will handle what ever I throw at it.

I went with the Bravo Alfa, I looked at the Whoosh but decided on the BA since I hate doing things twice, I went with the biggest one so I know it will handle what ever I throw at it.
That's definitely a good idea also. Part of the reason I didn't go BA is cuz I'm not ever going big turbo or throwing more then 280 HP at the car and the whoosh is more then sufficient for me even if I did the s280. But we will see 😂.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I also bought twice.....Buy once cry once* wish I would've known about the Bravoalpha sooner.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That's definitely a good idea also. Part of the reason I didn't go BA is cuz I'm not ever going big turbo or throwing more then 280 HP at the car and the whoosh is more then sufficient for me even if I did the s280. But we will see 😂.
The BA was not around yet way back when I bought, but never installed the CP-E Delta IC.

I also used that "because it will cover ANYTHING/EVERYTHING" rationale for the 3" CP-E Nexus exhaust system (again, the Thermal was NOT out yet), which IS on the car, but technically do not need either, since it looks like I am staying with the factory snail for the foreseeable future.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
400whp/413twtq on the whoosh hybrid with countless drag passes in the high 11's
390whp on the Peron G-Series 25-550 kit with tons of drag passes in the mid 11's
a few engines and transmissons later...
all still on the whoosh V3 FMIC with boost hose kit/clamps for the stock intercooler pipes

the fact is, if the car needed somthing larger due to rising inlet temps we would have installed the biggest and best FMIC, Pro Alloy competiton FMIC (y)

pro alloy on whoosh 3.jpg

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
The BA was not around yet way back when I bought, but never installed the CP-E Delta IC.

I also used that "because it will cover ANYTHING/EVERYTHING" rationale for the 3" CP-E Nexus exhaust system (again, the Thermal was NOT out yet), which IS on the car, but technically do not need either, since it looks like I am staying with the factory snail for the foreseeable future.
Rationale is not one of my strong points. :cool:

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
I also bought twice.....Buy once cry once* wish I would've known about the Bravoalpha sooner.

I've been down the path of of buy a part install it, buy another part, tear everything down again install it. Wasted a lot of time, but oh well live and learn.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
390whp on the Peron G-Series 25-550 kit with tons of drag passes in the mid 11's
all still on the whoosh V3 FMIC with boost hose kit/clamps for the stock intercooler pipes

the fact is, if the car needed somthing larger due to rising inlet temps we would have installed the biggest and best FMIC, Pro Alloy competiton FMIC (y)

View attachment 45017
THAT is what I would go to IF I were ever going to a maximal power S280, or even more powerful bigger snail, alloy crash bar and all, along with putting a wind tunnel strength CFM blasting, adapted to fit, aftermarket puller fan, with a manual over-ride switch, behind the Pro Alloy or Mountune radiator. [wink]

View attachment 45017
I actually saw this last night and thought "ohh I kinda want BT so I can get that". Lol

OP
D
Thread Starter #20

View attachment 45017
How are you getting 400whp on a hybrid turbo?