Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

intercooler

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Just FYI Ford sold their Mazda shares in 2008. I think they only own something like 2% of Mazda shares now. I had a mazdaspeed6 and absolutely loved that thing.
I would’ve loved a MS6 but the guys I knew that had them had the most maintenance issues.

As a heads up you can snag that Mountune intercooler for about $430ish while the "winter22" code is still active. If I hadn't grabbed the Whoosh V3 when Ron ran them for $350 I'd probably do that! Like the idea of preserving stock responsiveness since it really is pretty great. Haven't had much of a reason to throw it in yet since I've been on the E30 tune most of the time.
Beauty thanks, just ordered the intercooler and a radiator. Intercooler is out of stock but I probably won't install until next fall unless its needed sooner anyway.

Question - When is it easiest to install a hot side intercooler pipe like Whoosh's? During the FMIC upgrade or during a turbo upgrade? I'd like to do as much as reasonably possible while the FMIC/radiator are out if it makes sense to, but also not sure I'll ever upgrade the turbo.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Beauty thanks, just ordered the intercooler and a radiator. Intercooler is out of stock but I probably won't install until next fall unless its needed sooner anyway.

Question - When is it easiest to install a hot side intercooler pipe like Whoosh's? During the FMIC upgrade or during a turbo upgrade? I'd like to do as much as reasonably possible while the FMIC/radiator are out if it makes sense to, but also not sure I'll ever upgrade the turbo.
It's pretty easy at any point, either during the FMIC upgrade or turbo upgrade. It's very accessible.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Probably whoosh, with zero basis for that statement. I think if I were to do another stock size (ie not bravo alpha), I’d snag the ATP intercooler that uses a Garrett core. Again with zero basis for this other than “I think”
I have a Cobb on my car now, will probably switch to the Whoosh V3 I have too only because it's black.

I'd say dont wait till fall to install the upgraded FMIC. Charge temps between stock and and an upgraded one are day and night, i never go above 10 degrees over ambient air temp anymore.

I run the Whoosh V3 and i couldn't recommend it enough.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
It's pretty easy at any point, either during the FMIC upgrade or turbo upgrade. It's very accessible.
Oh man I forgot about the smoking turbo and excessive shaft play. Yeah. These ecoboosts are way more reliable than the old DISI motors.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for the info but my biking days are long gone! Old age, arthritis, knee and hip surgery have taken their toll! That's what happens when you were over active as a teen growing up and 15yrs in the military!