Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intermittent Auto Window Up Rejection

xxiaze

Occasionally I will auto roll my window up and it will reject and send back down... this even occurs occasionally when I send it up by holding the switch.

I have tried holding switch up from zero to closed and holding switch for 3+ seconds then holding from closed to zero for 3+ seconds etc multiple times.

I know with Mercedes this was how we “programmed” the position Of window and sensors associated.

Am I missing something? Anyone have a permanent solution for this?

Last edited:

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Odd. Mine sometimes whacks the visor and rejects. Maybe it thinks an arm is in the window.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #5
So the sequence is different but essentially same general method as what I was trying to perform previously.... for the ford it’s:

hold the roll down until completely zero then briefly release and then hold the switch again in down position for 5 seconds - roll up window holding switch until completely up and briefly release switch and then reapply switch up holding for 5 seconds. Perform cycle 2x (this is my own input for 2x, don’t know if necessary)

after thinking more about it my windows only started acting funny after battery unplugged.... this all makes sense now.

View: https://youtu.be/-TjBGXdRNRk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I had to reprogram it as well after battery replacement, but mine never did the 'rejection' thing at the top, as if something was blocking it from raising. [dunno]

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #8
So far so good after programming... I’ll update this thread again in a month or so if issue resolved.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Mine does it periodically. I have to click it lil bit at a time. Up. Up. Up. Up. Up. Up. Then when its about 65 to 70% of the way it will go the rest just fine. Iv never tried reprogramming. I will next time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #11
Okay so I didn’t even make it a month 😂 Reprogramming it did absolutely nothing. Seems there are others with this issue as well though... what’s the solution?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Maybe the windows are getting enough pressure from the track to make it think there is an obstruction??

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Maybe the windows are getting enough pressure from the track to make it think there is an obstruction??
I have tried pulling up by hand on the window and it still went back down on it's own. I was told it could be a low battery indicator but mine has done in with a brand new one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
If it were a low or dying batfery it would go slow or just stop dead. I wonder if its a bad ground? Just enough that it thinks the button got hit again and rolls down?

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #15
Thinking more along the lines of a bad window position sensor... if it can be programmed then it should have one to locate the elevation of the window. I’ll have to look into how these function...

Remi

So the sequence is different but essentially same general method as what I was trying to perform previously.... for the ford it’s:

hold the roll down until completely zero then briefly release and then hold the switch again in down position for 5 seconds - roll up window holding switch until completely up and briefly release switch and then reapply switch up holding for 5 seconds. Perform cycle 2x (this is my own input for 2x, don’t know if necessary)

after thinking more about it my windows only started acting funny after battery unplugged.... this all makes sense now.

View: https://youtu.be/-TjBGXdRNRk
Thanks for the video. My auto-up feature stopped working this morning. Auto-down was fine, though. I followed the procedure you described from the video and I'm back to normal again. Thanks! 👍🏽

Se7eN

Okay so I didn’t even make it a month 😂 Reprogramming it did absolutely nothing. Seems there are others with this issue as well though... what’s the solution?
I've had it happen in situations with rough roads, or maybe there is something in the window channel stopping it.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #18
I've had it happen in situations with rough roads, or maybe there is something in the window channel stopping it.
to be totally honest, I think my car was in an unreported accident before I purchased it. I believe the door frame is slightly bent and creating undesirable tension on the window track. No wind noise but enough deflection to produce an issue. The whole front end of my car parts (bumper, lower control arms, lights etc) have like recking yard crayon markings on them... do your guys parts have these things written on them? I also have other weird damage that can’t be explained around my tiny front window trims....