Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is Fifteen52 wheel paint normally this brittle?

i had the same experience with my turbo macs. I ordered mine through discount tire and after they mounted the rubber the paint chipped. They called their distributor and got me another set. it frustrating that i have to go back again its also frustrating that this seems to be a consistent problem, which means i may be better off just powder coating them if the second set chips. the need to get better paint or primer or prep the surface better. regardless they have some quality issues that need to be worked out.

Looks like they were mounted and touched up. Usually tire bars chip wheel finish like that. Specialty and high end wheel shops usually are using all leverless/touchless mounting machines that are almost impossible to scratch wheels with vs mounting with old school machines and tire bars that are usually found at chain stores.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #25
this is crazy considering the price of the wheels.
I know right? I always thought this company was like the cream of the crop... But I guess this is really just a case of being REALLY REALLY proud of your own product.
To the point where they can afford to lose repeat customers.
Love the style, but I wont pay that kind of $$ for awful PR and Customer service.

"cream of the crop" are going to be at least double the cost of fifteen52 rims, if that puts it into perspective. IMO if the rims are wet painted and not powder-coated from the manufacturer then that is not a good sign of quality, at least your got your money.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #29
"cream of the crop" are going to be at least double the cost of fifteen52 rims, if that puts it into perspective. IMO if the rims are wet painted and not powder-coated from the manufacturer then that is not a good sign of quality, at least your got your money.
I mean Fifteen52 forged wheels are about 1300 a WHEEL. They definitely make high dollar wheels.
No I didn't buy the 1300 dollar wheels, but id expect better from this company from their cast lineup. Like I said, ive had reps in better condition.

Too bad, my custom powder coated ones are holding up great. Even the one I dropped on its face like an idiot, has some pebble marks but hasn't gotten any worse and that was a year ago.

That's sad I was going to buy some fifteen52 products but I'm totally iffy now I will never understand how a professional company can be handled so poorly.

sereous

I have the fifteen52 turbomacs and there finish was the same. I'm powder coating them a different color but they should have a better finish for sure. These weigh in at 22lbs and the stocks weigh 24lbs. So there a bit lighter.