Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is it possible to get a lift kit for a MK8 Fiesta Zetec?

Hello all,
I have a 2017 MK8 Fiesta Zetec and although I am partial to a lowered sporty looking car, I have always found offroaders such much more appealing. I was wondering whether I could get a lift kit for my car or perhaps just any sort of way to increase the height of the car.
I would mainly do this so that I could go offroad and get in my car easier as I am fairly tall and it's a struggle. I essentially just want to know if i can make my car taller while still being able to pass it's MOT.
Thanks!

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Ugly looking cars and I still want something sporty.
Thanks for the suggestion tho (y)
Fuck he's a twat - just ignore him. Like actually, ignore him. the .gif's are fuckin' annoying and he rarely contributes anything of value.

I'm trying out Yellowspeed racing and had Flat Out Suspension also has a good looking kit (which I probably would have bought instead of this Yellowspeed Racing kit).

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Fuck he's a twat - just ignore him. Like actually, ignore him. the .gif's are fuckin' annoying and he rarely contributes anything of value.

I'm trying out Yellowspeed racing and had Flat Out Suspension also has a good looking kit (which I probably would have bought instead of this Yellowspeed Racing kit).

Easy there Canadian before your Toque falls off your head as you sip your Molson ice out of your sippy cup. I've contributed and helped more people on this Forum than you have in your pathetic life on The forum.....notice I didn't say our Forum as you should most likely go strike a moose driving your FiST. Soooooooo.....EAD and Good day.

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Easy there Canadian before your Toque falls off your head as you sip your Molson ice out of your sippy cup. I've contributed and helped more people on this Forum than you have in your pathetic life on The forum.....notice I didn't say our Forum as you should most likely go strike a moose driving your FiST. Soooooooo.....EAD and Good day.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
You have definitely contributed with multiple write ups and even torque specs, and in my opinion that's what we should all be doing.

Not only do you contribute on this site you do a very important job as well. You could easily brag about it but you don't, and that gets two thumbs up in my book.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
ethan
Thread Starter #8
Most of us are in America so I don't know how we could properly answer your question.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
That's fair enough mate, I keep forgetting that Americans don't have the same fiestas as us.
Was still worth a shot asking, you lads are the experts on this.

OP
ethan
Thread Starter #9

Oh right, those look good but pretty expensive haha. Will both suspensions definetly work with my baseline MK8 fiesta though? I don't know if the baseline varies compared to an ST.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don't know if Ford changed this for the Mk8s or not, but on the Mk7s, the base cars used a completely different front knuckle/upright in their suspensions.

Some 'kits' (like the R1 rally class, M-Sport Bilstein one) require us ST owners to swap in the base knuckles in order for the coil over kit to fit/function properly.

OP
ethan
Thread Starter #11
I don't know if Ford changed this for the Mk8s or not, but on the Mk7s, the base cars used a completely different front knuckle/upright in their suspensions.

Some 'kits' (like the R1 rally class, M-Sport Bilstein one) require us ST owners to swap in the base knuckles in order for the coil over kit to fit/function properly.
Oh right, that's not a bad sign then. I'll keep researching, my entire family works at and owns land rovers and so my little fiesta is tiny in comparison so I thought i'd rock up in something as tall as theirs haha.

That's fair enough mate, I keep forgetting that Americans don't have the same fiestas as us.
Was still worth a shot asking, you lads are the experts on this.
Sure, rub it in, it doesn't matter, we can take it... at least our gas is cheaper :p

Dpro

6000 Post Club

I think they did. As I did read the steering had been made even more precise and they definitely also did rework the whole rear suspension setup using a spring that is curved and Banana shaped. :unsure: Ya interesting and completely not compatible with MK7.5’s.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I think they did. As I did read the steering had been made even more precise and they definitely also did rework the whole rear suspension setup using a spring that is curved and Banana shaped. :unsure: Ya interesting and completely not compatible with MK7.5’s.
Front end of my Sprinter runs a single, inverted leaf spring - really weird spring set up but apparently, if it's not broke, don't fix it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I know that they changed the geometry/components to get even better steering response out of the Mk8 STs.

I just was not sure if they use the same exact front uprights/knuckles on the base Mk8s as are installed on the Mk8 STs, since on our (and the rest of the world's) Mk7s, the base and the ST absolutely did not use the same front uprights/knuckles. [wink]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I know that they changed the geometry/components to get even better steering response out of the Mk8 STs.

I just was not sure if they use the same exact front uprights/knuckles on the base Mk8s as are installed on the Mk8 STs, since on our (and the rest of the world's) Mk7s, the base and the ST absolutely did not use the same front uprights/knuckles. [wink]
I would not be the least bit suprised . Especially since they went to a 18 inch wheel. Ford did that with the Focus and FoST as well. Literally destroyed the turning radius on the FoST to accommodate 18 inch wheels on the FoST. That was one of the first things I noticed on a test drive. I was like wow what happened to the turning radius stock Focus has a better turning radius. Ford does it so the wheel won’t scrape the inner well that was never designed to handle 18’s.