Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looks like Vitour is coming out with the widest tire possible for our cars

Fusion Works

https://vudevelopment.com/product/vitour-tempesta-p1-pre-order/

They are offering a 285/30-17. That would work with a wide body setup properly and not have the extra height of all the other wrong tires on the market. Be nice if some of the other manufactures would offer the shorter 17 tires like a 225-245/35-17 but at least someone is throwing one out there.

ronmcdon

i think the toyo r1r's come in 245/35/17
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...wall=Blackwall&partnum=435WR7PR1RV2&tab=Sizes

285 would be more ideal on a 11 or 10.5 inch wide wheel I'd imagine. would be great if you can find something, but I imagine it would have to be a more expensive custom made wheel from braid or maybe a company like ccw, or bc forged can make something.

255/30 tire on a 17x9, maybe 35 to 30 offset would be ideal.
right now I think realistically, outside of the r1r, 235/40 stretched on a 9' wide wheel is our best bet, or so id guess. even thats a bit risky.

OP
Fusion Works

Fusion Works

Thread Starter #3
Agreed. If you have a wide body you are going way outbof the norm anyways ao might as well do customish wheels.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
At what point do we get into hitting suspension vs trimming body/fender out of the way? Is suspension not really a concern?

ronmcdon

thats a good point to know what works.

I actually already have a set of 17x9 +35 offset wheels that fit my fiesta. Also have some m2 fenders sitting somewhere in the garage. My coilovers (miester r's with tall swifts) allow me to run close to stock height. I never really was able to get to it, as I got distracted by other car projects and other stuff.

I think trimming the junk in the fenders would probably be a must. With stock height im not sure what I can get away with in terms of fender clearance. My guess is 25 inches not likely.

suspension clearance I suspect +35 offset is going to be tight especially with more negative camber, but I could be wrong. I think this is just something I need to work closely with a good shop, which I have access to and also maybe buying a set of tires I may or may not use. This is sorta okay too, bc I could use a new set of 245/17 tires I will need for my fk7 civic on 17x9 wheels, in case they don't work on the fiesta.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
thats a good point to know what works.

I actually already have a set of 17x9 +35 offset wheels that fit my fiesta. Also have some m2 fenders sitting somewhere in the garage. My coilovers (miester r's with tall swifts) allow me to run close to stock height. I never really was able to get to it, as I got distracted by other car projects and other stuff.

I think trimming the junk in the fenders would probably be a must. With stock height im not sure what I can get away with in terms of fender clearance. My guess is 25 inches not likely.

suspension clearance I suspect +35 offset is going to be tight especially with more negative camber, but I could be wrong. I think this is just something I need to work closely with a good shop, which I have access to and also maybe buying a set of tires I may or may not use. This is sorta okay too, bc I could use a new set of 245/17 tires I will need for my fk7 civic on 17x9 wheels, in case they don't work on the fiesta.
interested to see this outcome as I suspect you will suffer on turn in 17x9‘s have been done on our cars with flares but lower offset as our inside well clearance is limited without mods . Also most were SEMA cars and really not track driven i.e. more show less go.
RaamAudio did 15x9’s with a lot of massaging under stock wells with that offset but ya 15x9’s.