Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is it possible?

I was doing some car shopping, and drove an ST-Line. Good car, but automatic, and just as "good" as my SE Sedan. I was wondering, would it be "easy" to just ST swap her? I was just going to go the Mountune route.

SrsBsns

The ST is only a few grand more than the ST line. And for the money that you'd need to put into the ST line to get it up to ST performance, you'd be going backwards.

Anything is possible with enough money, but why reinvent the wheel?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I was doing some car shopping, and drove an ST-Line. Good car, but automatic, and just as "good" as my SE Sedan. I was wondering, would it be "easy" to just ST swap her? I was just going to go the Mountune route.
That'd be a lot of time and money to build an ST with no warranty coverage.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I just want the Hot Pepper Red TriCoat Metallic paint job. Must be seen in the sunshine. Orange? Red? BOTH! (and I'm the guy that hates red on cars)
plasti dip maybe? I think they have pearl and clear now, that ish has come a looooong way from just coating the handles of old pliers lol

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Man, I sure love forums. Thanks guys.
Do whatever you think will be best for you, but heads up, if you buy an st-line the forum will tease you endlessly :p

I'm personally curious how a tuned 1.0 3 cylinder turbo fiesta would be. I know it'd be slower than a FiST, but it might be kinda fun.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ford got about 200hp out of the EB 1.0 when they stuck it into a Formula Ford.
Actually they got 250hp roughly but decided to dial it back to a safe reliable 175 hp. There is an article online about it.
Oh and the Formula Ford they put it in they made UK street legal. Kind like an Ariel Atom concept.