Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is there camaraderie among ST drivers on the road?

I have owned my Oxford White FiST since November and I have seen a handful of Fiesta STs (around 6 or so) here in the Bay Area. Coming from a BMW crowd where positive recognition was common, I was initially disappointed by the lack of camaraderie among our ST fanbase. I am generally met with cold stares from FoST owners and other car enthusiasts. I figure the Focus ST guys are bitter about the Fiesta ST continually receiving higher praise from reviewers than their own car. I mainly get confusion from other Fiesta ST owners when I wave or smile. Maybe they have become so accustomed to receiving negative attention that they are in shock, lol. [poke]

Of the two other FiSTs I've seen around here, they both drove like ricer assholes.

So, no, I do not acknowledge or give a damn about other FiST drivers.

I get thumbs up and high beam flashes from other FoST owners alllll the time all over MA and return the gesture, and i havent seen any FiSTs on the road.

I've also acknowledgement on more than one occasion from... BRZ drivers? I guess that confirms how many people cross-shopped the two. The way i see it, there are a lot more BRZ owners that regret not getting a FiST than the other way around.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I try not to but it's hard when people in pickup trucks and suvs try to speed up and repass you seemingly out of spite. I can't help it people just don't like my FiST.
I'm with you there. I drove my G35 just as fast as my fist without any issues in 4-5 years. I've had two people follow me either home or to my destination since I've gotten the fist. I guess they expect a punk kid or something. Then they see my big scary ass get out, and they let the 87oct fly as they speed away, lol.

I set my cruise on the interestate. When I go by people that are basically sleeping in the fast lane, I'm going 78mph, they are going 67mph in the fast lane, after I go by, they either A) speed up so I can't get over before getting to the next car in the middle lane ( but what they don't know is... I gots 28psi waiting for them, lol ). Or B) they watch me go by, then ride my ass at 78mph while I haven't taken my cruise control off.

Its like they are pissed I woke them up or knocked them off facebook. And it would be ok if i was in a diesel truck, but its NOT ok if I do it in a festiva.

Fost owners all mean mug me.... If they only knew what I would do to them from a stop, from a roll, on a road course, in a boat with a goat. After running low 13's all night at the track last night, I had the guy in the staging lanes set me up with the only Fost there. I had been racing, and didn't know how fast/not fast the fost was, so I wanted to find out. When the staging director lined us up, I've never seen someone get so pissed and bent out of shape over who he was racing !! I guess while i was not watching him, he had been watching me, and knew what his fate was already, lol. That dude was pissed though, lol.

Got my car a week ago, and on my second time out, got a wave from a guy in a FoST, Do not recall seeing the car before, but maybe I wasn't looking before !

I always wave and make an effort to pull up to other ST's. I get really excited and my girlfriend even points them out sometimes! It's a small family of enthusiests, my kind of people! This will all become a lot easier once I install my BOV adapter. PSSSSST!

I like to wave hi to the FoSTs when I pass them. I get the occasional flash too which is nice. I know that the Subarus in the area love to screw with me. Something with those guys and their subis...
Now just in case, a lot of times I don't look at the guy next to me at the light. I will avoid eye contact. It's like pokemon dude, you DO NOT make eye contact! It's an instant challenge! Half the guys here are either in slightly higher performance cars or have an anti lag system or some other madness. It's not fair!

Anyway, for some reason the FiST's don't ever notice me. Makes me sad. I passed by a blue one and she didn't even notice me (Get off your cell at the light!). I had a black one follow me onto base and I told the gate guard to tell him I liked his car. (Ended up parking next to him as I went into work).

It's kinda weird. The FoST guys acknowlede me just fine, the FiST guys tend to kinda just pass me by. Then the Subi guys all wanna screw with me. One of these days I will defeat you Subaru!

OP
W

wbw

Thread Starter #28
So it sounds like there is some hate (from drivers of other makes) and maybe some jealousy from Focus drivers. Also sounds like there is more camaraderie than I'm getting from the Veloster crowd. And that's a good thing in my opinion. Looking forward to joining you folks in ST ownership some day.

Thanks for posting everybody.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Subu's always messing with you ? Where are you !!? Lol. Every time I run into one ( which is normally a time when we are already rolling ) they hit the brakes. Its like they either thing they instantly win without a pull or they don't want to risk an ass stumping from a roll by a festiva. Lol.

Every STi I've come across wants nothing to do with me. They are either all 10sec cars or all scared to loose, lol

I've had no love at all on the roads, which upsets met. When I had the WRX, other Subaru owners practically hang out their window to flag you down and wave. That was my favorite part of owning a Subaru (Other than 340whp, 356 wtq, and 15 psi antilag launch [:D]. Hopefully it picks up.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I've gotten a couple of smiles and nods from Focus ST owners as well as imports, so the camaraderie is there. The only problem is that I rarely see other FiSTs on the road, I'll be lucky if I see one every other month. I used to own a Mini S before and we would always give thumbs up to each other on the road.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I did have a fost kick my butt on the interstate one day last summer. Then he invited me ( with a good amount of happy enthusiasm ) to join a local forum based off, dun dun done !!! Facebook. Never saw him again :(

Subu's always messing with you ? Where are you !!? Lol. Every time I run into one ( which is normally a time when we are already rolling ) they hit the brakes. Its like they either thing they instantly win without a pull or they don't want to risk an ass stumping from a roll by a festiva. Lol.

Every STi I've come across wants nothing to do with me. They are either all 10sec cars or all scared to loose, lol
I'm in Clarksville area near Ft. Campbell. I've seen one Subaru nearby my home and he was the one with the anti-lag. I typically see his car parked with a yellow Z and some other cars from time to time. I enjoy toying around with other cars, but since I got the ST I kinda try to avoid toying around too much. Maybe it's respect for the power under the hood, but I would hop on any opportunity to toy around in my last Fiesta. The ST...I'm a bit more timid around other sportscars. But I'll still tear the roads up if someone makes the Rev.