Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ITG air filter review! From Whoosh!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well I now have 4 different type of Stock Airbox style filters. This one tops the rest in design for sure.

The foam is nice and dense with a slight oil film to it to absorb and cling to Dust and dirt.

The backing grid hopefully will hold up if it gets damp !

The thickness is not over done !

As for intake noise that is to be determined!

I think it was worth the extra bucks! There are plenty of Stock box filters out there but this one seems better put together! Thanks Ron!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Spork1569

Well I now have 4 different type of Stock Airbox style filters. This one tops the rest in design for sure.

The foam is nice and dense with a slight oil film to it to absorb and cling to Dust and dirt.

The backing grid hopefully will hold up if it gets damp !

The thickness is not over done !

As for intake noise that is to be determined!

I think it was worth the extra bucks! There are plenty of Stock box filters out there but this one seems better put together! Thanks Ron!

Have the exact same one, switched over from a ramair and love that it's almost twice as thick. More peace of mind for filtering.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
Now just have to find out where to get the cleaner and oil when the time comes!

Now just have to find out where to get the cleaner and oil when the time comes!
My research showed that the cleaner is just mineral spirits.
1) clean with mineral spirits
2) clean with dish soapy water
3) leave to dry
4) apply foam filter oil (Lucas Oil makes some)

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Do we have any data on how much air flow is increased with these filters over stock? Would the Airflow Mass lb/min be the value to compare or something else? I'm considering picking one up if the gains are significant enough for how cheap they are compared to other mods.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
The reason I go with a panel filters is they aren't sucking in nearly as much HOT engine bay air due to their closed design box, Unlike open air "CAI" boxes. I have a ram air filter...green filter....K&n filter and now the ITG. They have all sat inside the ST200 box that Ron sells and I have a set of custom Fogs that hook up to the Air box hose that comes with the ST200 box to help pull in more outside air. The engine is an giant vacuum so I try to find the least resistance path for the air to travel while still being cooler and maintaining a clean engine.

felopr

Do we have any data on how much air flow is increased with these filters over stock? Would the Airflow Mass lb/min be the value to compare or something else? I'm considering picking one up if the gains are significant enough for how cheap they are compared to other mods.
I guess you could check air filter pressure on the accessport. Is going to always on vacuum ( or below ambient, 14.7psi)
So, my understanding is that, the more vacuum, the most restrictive?

Mikey456

The reason I go with a panel filters is they aren't sucking in nearly as much HOT engine bay air due to their closed design box, Unlike open air "CAI" boxes. I have a ram air filter...green filter....K&n filter and now the ITG. They have all sat inside the ST200 box that Ron sells and I have a set of custom Fogs that hook up to the Air box hose that comes with the ST200 box to help pull in more outside air. The engine is an giant vacuum so I try to find the least resistance path for the air to travel while still being cooler and maintaining a clean engine.
Seems like you tried most of the panel filter brands. Any preference? Is one easier to clean than the other? Does one perform better?

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I guess you could check air filter pressure on the accessport. Is going to always on vacuum ( or below ambient, 14.7psi)
So, my understanding is that, the more vacuum, the most restrictive?
I spoke to Jason and he said he typically sees 20-22 lbs/min AFM (airflow mass) on stock turbo. Looking at my logs I'm not getting above 20.9 lbs/min, so just shy of 21 so it seems like I'm just shy of maxing out what the stock turbo can do even with the OEM paper filter. I may just pick up a panel filter to see what difference it makes.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #12
Seems like you tried most of the panel filter brands. Any preference? Is one easier to clean than the other? Does one perform better?
The easiest of all is the RAMAIR filter....but there isn't much foam to the filter to catch alot IMO and it's a dry filter. The K&n and Green filter are literally identical IMO just a change in color. The Green filter cleaner and oil come in cheap bottle that seem to constantly leak when applying cleaner or oil when spraying it on the filter. The K &N is alot easier to clean as you can get a nice trigger bottle separate from the cleaner kit. But the oil is aerosol not a spray bottle like the the Green filter. Which is a bonus for easy application I have found out from other K&n filters I own for other vehicles. The ITGs foam is thicker...seems better built that the other 3 filters. I haven't cleaned it or oiled it but from what others have gathered it's pretty straightforward forward and you may not even have to buy the ITG cleaner & oil and just use household cleaners. I look at it this way....I will always have a backup filter to change out if I'm cleaning one or waiting for one to dry after cleaning!

Last edited:

felopr

i do have also a ramair, i like it since it a dry filter, i just clean it every time i change the oil.
Some soapy water, clean it well and it rinses with the sun while i change the oil

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #19
OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #20