Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just got Pro tuned at Cobb Plano.

MOFiST

Didn't you ask for the Farrah special? I know sweet FA about dynos but it does seem funny to see all for wheels spinning on an FWD dyno run.

Butterybunz

Farrah said multiple times that the CA Cobb dyno reads high and he noted a few times that it's important to look at the gains since he did all his runs on the same dyno

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
Didn't you ask for the Farrah special? I know sweet FA about dynos but it does seem funny to see all for wheels spinning on an FWD dyno run.
Damnt I forgot to ask!

Farrah said multiple times that the CA Cobb dyno reads high and he noted a few times that it's important to look at the gains since he did all his runs on the same dyno
The gains are hilarious on that car.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
Well I'm about to have my cobb intake installed, so hopefully challenged means a good thing in this context. Haha.
A few members on here have noted that it actually doesn't do much of anything. It actually hurts number as the filter is to small.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
A few members on here have noted that it actually doesn't do much of anything. It actually hurts number as the filter is to small.
Wow, that's disheartening to say the least. I guess we'll see on Monday.

At least I got it at a discounted price. I won't really be able to tell numbers wise, so hopefully the butt dyno doesn't let me down. The exhaust should helped with that.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
Wow, that's disheartening to say the least. I guess we'll see on Monday.

At least I got it at a discounted price. I won't really be able to tell numbers wise, so hopefully the butt dyno doesn't let me down. The exhaust should helped with that.
Its as good as the stock box with a drop in. Cant do much when its ok to run it with a stock tune.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Its as good as the stock box with a drop in. Cant do much when its ok to run it with a stock tune.
That's true. Never thought of it that way. I already have the Cobb drop in, so you are making me second think this intake purchase. Ha. Might return it and grab some piercemotorsport parts, or some nice all season tires for. My stock Bridgestones are about done and I've heard the A/S Michelin are surprisingly great. No more of that all seasons are no seasons stuff.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
That's true. Never thought of it that way. I already have the Cobb drop in, so you are making me second think this intake purchase. Ha. Might return it and grab some piercemotorsport parts, or some nice all season tires for. My stock Bridgestones are about done and I've heard the A/S Michelin are surprisingly great. No more of that all seasons are no seasons stuff.
Def Pierce motorsports. Its not that its the only intake that doesn't work. Its the length and the filter. If you jus want the sound you made a gd choice albeit a expensive one.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Def Pierce motorsports. Its not that its the only intake that doesn't work. Its the length and the filter. If you jus want the sound you made a gd choice albeit a expensive one.
I got it at a discounted price, granted it's still more than other intakes but it wasn't retail so I don't feel bad at all on the money I spent. Might put it up for sale though and get some handling mods. It's just a DD but better handling never hurt.

And sorry, I'm hijacking your thread. Sorry! Thanks for the input though.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
No big deal. That's what dyno post are for!

Nice results! Couple things to point out:

1. All dynos read a little differently, so it is important to see what the difference is from stock to tuned in the same dyno. Also, I'm at our Austin HQ and the OP was tuned at our Plano retail location.

2. Our intakes design increases intake filter surface area by 63% over stock and retains engine heatsoak shielding. In our experience, it helps make power :)

Ian

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Nice results! Couple things to point out:

1. All dynos read a little differently, so it is important to see what the difference is from stock to tuned in the same dyno. Also, I'm at our Austin HQ and the OP was tuned at our Plano retail location.

2. Our intakes design increases intake filter surface area by 63% over stock and retains engine heatsoak shielding. In our experience, it helps make power :)

Ian
That's what I was reading too. I know it's not a lot but it has to be some increase in air flow and power.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
Dyno isn't the problem. I was happy with the curve gained and the car feels stronger. I didn't know y'all had a dyno at Austin? Cool. It's the piping length. It increases filter size how much over the stock or the drop in you offer?

Comparing the drop in with a modded box vs the intake the results would the same I'm guessing. Just like the other intakes tested.

Our drop in filter is the same size as stock because it fits in the stock box. What's the issue with piping length? It's marginally longer than stock and is smoother. You have a link to the test you're referring to?

Ian

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
Damn I wish I would of done more research before the intake purchase.
Its a double edge sword really. The best option for the stock position (money wise) would be drop in, mod box, replace flex section with mountune silicone section. Probally cost you 200$ This is what I will be doing most likely. I don't hate cobb. I think their catback is probally the best option out there. When I sell my FRPP I will be going with it.