Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My super obnoxious squeaking sound came back :| but I got a recording this time.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I was visiting my brother and when I went to leave the car was making the sound so I turned on the camera to record it. Any thoughts? From what I recall, the sound goes away when I use the stock intake. Car has been doing this for maybe 2-3 years now? No shaft play on turbo, no oil consumption, no performance issues. Just that super obnoxious that crops up every once in a while.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJQEbqcIfBY

Lend me your thoughts! (And ears?)

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Good location, maybe better at a slightly higher spot if you can do it.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Good location, maybe better at a slightly higher spot if you can do it.
It's just below the license plate, next spot up is above the place and its really easy to see. Where it's mounted right now you can't see the camera... Maybe behind the plate and I'll put a hole in the license plate :p

I hope someone has an idea about the squeaky sound, I can't get it to happen consistently :|

Sounds like it's your internal wastegate letting off pressure mid throttle. At 30 seconds in sounds like a little boost chirp from the wastegate.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
All I heard was the cricket like sound around the ten second mark. Another single cricket chirp toward the end.

Can't really speculate on its source but would guess that it's not turbo or engine related. Might try stressing the engine mounts a little bit by somewhat gently getting on off the accelerator in first gear.

I had a squeaky wastegate actuator arm once. It would squeak on actuation every so often. When I changed the turbo it disappeared. Yours could also be the rear mount squeaking under load.