Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Key fob detection issue

Hoi,

I recently bought a 2015 ST180 (in Germany), but my keyless start seems to have some sort of error. If I get it correctly, it should be enough to have the key somewhere in the car, to start it, but in mine, I have to hold the key next to the antenna indentation on the steering colum to be able to start. I think this place should be only used if my battery dies in the fob. The fob can unlock/lock the car from around 25-30 meter.

1. I tried to change battery in the fob, for new Varta, and new Duracell, with both the main and spare key, but it did not change anything.
2. Had battery replacement in the car since, not that it should cause these type of an error.
3. Checked by ForSCAN to see, if there is any setting disabled, but didn't found anything related.
4. Replaced the keyless antenna behind the handbrake.
5. The trunk is opening with the button on it, if the key is near.
6. Took it to a guy, who's living is key programing and cutting, he tried to reprogram the fob, also to program a new fog, but had some issue coming up with both of his attempts, he was able to program the new fob to lock/unlock the car, but not for the keyless start.

I'm guessing the previous owner must have done something with it, maybe some anti-theft stuff, and of course it is probably safer like this, but I would like to have a final decision if I want this or no. And also, it fucks my brain, what it could be.

I would like any suggestion, in regard what to check/try, but please, I think it is fair to say, that it's not the battery in the fob, so please don't waste each other's time with that.

can you check the circuit for the keyless antenna? use a multimeter to see if it has whatever voltage is required? it sounds like something upstream of the antenna is shorting.