Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Key fob replacement 101 info please

jeff

2000 Post Club
Today after church I was doing some parkour and to my shock and dismay I later learned my key fob had vanished from existence.

Looking to replace it so I have a spare, wondering if it is as simple as getting a cheap one on eBay and programming myself or if it is a dealer thing that costs a lot of money. If anyone has taken this path before please let me know and provide links to the right product, I would greatly appreciate your help!

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Today after church I was doing some parkour and to my shock and dismay I later learned my key fob had vanished from existence.

Looking to replace it so I have a spare, wondering if it is as simple as getting a cheap one on eBay and programming myself or if it is a dealer thing that costs a lot of money. If anyone has taken this path before please let me know and provide links to the right product, I would greatly appreciate your help!
You should take this opportunity to feel the pain of dealer pricing. A penance for parkouring after church. Ned Flanders would disapprove. Cheaper than 100 Hail Marys.

I know I’m not being helpful here. :-(

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Update, got my new fob and battery in, going to the dealer in the morning to have it synchronized to my car. Does anybody know if there will be any problem since the car has a custom tune? Do not want to unmarry my accessport, I called Cobb and they said it should not be a problem but I wondered if anyone has done this and could chime in.

STTom

Premium Account
Update, got my new fob and battery in, going to the dealer in the morning to have it synchronized to my car. Does anybody know if there will be any problem since the car has a custom tune? Do not want to unmarry my accessport, I called Cobb and they said it should not be a problem but I wondered if anyone has done this and could chime in.
They won't even check it.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
They won't even check it.
I was referring more to the possibility of technical difficulties in trying to pair the new key fob to a car that has had a software change. The car is out of warranty, I don’t care about hiding the fact that it is modified, plus I’m not getting repair, this is just a service issue.