Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Koni STR.T and Eibach - Ways to reduce body roll?

Just installed Koni STR.T and Eibach springs. The ride has softened up immensely over large bumps, which is what I expected from this setup and why I got it. Has the "floaty" feel to it a bit, like others have said, but I don't mind since I daily drive quite a bit on horrible roads.

One thing I noticed with the softer ride is more body roll. With the OEM setup, sharp turns were predictable and easy to maneuver. The body roll now makes me a little more hesitant and thus I have to feel the weight transfer more closely. I like the softer setup for my bad back but I'm not crazy about the added body roll.

Has anyone else with this setup (or similar) experienced this added body roll? If so, what have you done to try and reduce it? Front sway bar? Trunk brace? Chassis brace?

caliboy15

Im thinking about getting the koni paired with the oem springs.

You might want to add braces and sway bars to eliminate body roll

The increased body roll is due to the progressive Eibach springs. You have to load up the spring in the corner to get to the stiffer rate, so there's that moment in turn-in where it's hard to predict how the car is going to react. One of the reasons a lot of people don't like progressive springs. Chassis bracing won't do anything for body roll. A larger front sway bar will only induce more understeer.

OP
H
Thread Starter #4
The increased body roll is due to the progressive Eibach springs. You have to load up the spring in the corner to get to the stiffer rate, so there's that moment in turn-in where it's hard to predict how the car is going to react. One of the reasons a lot of people don't like progressive springs. Chassis bracing won't do anything for body roll. A larger front sway bar will only induce more understeer.
Nooooooo. Don't tell me that! What if I do rear torsion bar to counter a better front sway bar?

It could help with rotation a bit, but not much with body roll.... There's always a trade off between comfort and handling.

OP
H
Thread Starter #7
It could help with rotation a bit, but not much with body roll.... There's always a trade off between comfort and handling.
You are a wealth of knowledge. Thanks!

That's why people are getting the Swift springs. They aren't progressive.
Yeah I read up on them. Pretty expensive compared with all other springs out there, no? And would the body roll be the same but just react quicker on turns?

The Swift springs are linear, same as stock, but with a 212lb/in spring rate front and rear. So they're stiffer and will reduce body roll. Turn in will also feel the same or better than stock.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Eibach has always leaned more towards comfort than sport. I'll be doing the Konis as well but may opt for the H&R spring. Ultimately, I'd like to get actual spring rates from everything out there but I've always had trouble with that.

Anywho, sway bars front and rear will go a long way to removing roll. A stiff linear spring would as well but then ur stiff all the time. Sway bars won't come into play until cornering, retaining ur daily comfort when not hot dogging. Because NOT racecar ;)