Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Konig Lockout REAL weight

So after a lot of looking for the REAL weight of konig lockouts, I decided to just pull the trigger and throw them on my bathroom scale.

Granted, these are wrapped in tires already, but, these pics should show that there actually, and unfortunately, is not a decrease in weight.

These are 16" konig lockouts.

PXL_20230425_131612180.jpg

Here are the stock wheels
PXL_20230425_131551653.jpg

Sucks to see that they're actually the same weight. Both weighing in at 40lbs wrapped and balanced.]

I know someone will comment saying, "Who cares." I made this post mainly because I don't believe pictures of them on an actual scale exists.

So after a lot of looking for the REAL weight of konig lockouts, I decided to just pull the trigger and throw them on my bathroom scale.

Granted, these are wrapped in tires already, but, these pics should show that there actually, and unfortunately, is not a decrease in weight.

View attachment 55339

View attachment 55340

Sucks to see that they're actually the same weight. Both weighing in at 40lbs wrapped and balanced.]

I know someone will comment saying, "Who cares." I made this post mainly because I don't believe pictures of them on an actual scale exists.
Curious. Are they also an inch wider than stock?

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
If the wheel and tire setup is wider than stock, I can't really see why you're upset with the outcome. Getting a wider and faster setup at the same weight is an improvement. If these are the same size as stock then I can see the disappointment.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If the wheel and tire setup is wider than stock, I can't really see why you're upset with the outcome. Getting a wider and faster setup at the same weight is an improvement. If these are the same size as stock then I can see the disappointment.
Faster???

what tires are you using on the 16in lockouts? either your tires are massively heavy and/or the tread for the Potenzas is so worn down the weight of the tire decreased?

i'll maybe take a picture of one of my OEM rims on the potenza this weekend to compare

edit: on avg a 205/50/16 tire is gonna be about 21lbs; now let's assume you went to a tire shop that doesn't care at all about performance and when they balanced the wheel they just kept adding tire balance weights until the computer said they were good. let's say they added 8oz worth of weights just to make the math easy

so you could have 22lbs of weight on that scale which may be off by half a pound give or take (that scale is designed to be accurate from 100-300lbs...now down to 30-50lbs)

so that Konig Lockout could be as light as 17lbs or as heavy as 19lbs

Last edited:

kevinatfms

The Lock-Outs are a gravity cast wheel. Find a flow formed or forged wheel and that is where the weight will drop significantly. If you find a very light weight gravity cast wheel its usually because they cut strength for weight savings.