Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Koni's or Bilstein B14's

Looking to modify the handling, I've seen some people just replace the shocks with the Koni yellows, some go with the Bilstein 14's and some with the 8's. I know it's kind of apples and oranges comparing full coil overs to shocks/ struts, but I'm looking for input from folks who have these setups to seer what your thoughts are on difference once you changed. Mainly I daily drive(but always quite "spirited") and will be doing some autox next season. Thanks for any input.

HBEcoBeaST

Just ordered b14s. What did you go with
Are you re using the stock top hats, bump stops etc?

My b14s and $150 worth of new OEM fittings are awaiting install. Bought everything so I could do a 'drop in' install vs re using current mounts.

I got the regular Fiesta b14s for least drop possible

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

HBEcoBeaST

No idea. My fiesta is pretty new so I'll probably stick with OEM. Is it a big hassle swapping the stuff over?
It's extra work is all. You'll have to take off each strut assembly, disassemble then re build it on the b14 before installing. It's advised to re use the OEM bolt for the rear strut.

I guess for the price and Bilstein quality I can't complain for the extra work

It's extra work is all. You'll have to take off each strut assembly, disassemble then re build it on the b14 before installing. It's advised to re use the OEM bolt for the rear strut.

I guess for the price and Bilstein quality I can't complain for the extra work

Yeah I saw the nut rubs or something. Do you mind sharing your Ford parts list order?
I got the ST part number. We'll see how it goes. Asked about b16s out of the UK but puma speed never got back to me.

HBEcoBeaST

top hats (PN C1BZ3A197D), front strut bearings (PN 8V5Z18198A), and dust boots (PN 8V5Z18A047A)

I also bought rear strut mounts and new OEM nuts to do a proper 100% swap.

Keep in mind I haven't assembled any of it yet I'm just going off this website:

http://stratifiedauto.com/blog/making-your-fiesta-st-handle-even-better/

I run 205/50r16s with clearance for only .5" - maybe 1" of lowering.

top hats (PN C1BZ3A197D), front strut bearings (PN 8V5Z18198A), and dust boots (PN 8V5Z18A047A)

I run 205/50r16s with clearance for only .5" - maybe 1" of lowering.

Thank you very much. That's very helpful. Lmk how your install goes!

koozy

3000 Post Club
There’s nothing wrong with the Bilstein hardware, it’s the fucking nut behind the wrench crying foul that’s dumb.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk

I went with B14s for my 2016 and also ordered the above parts from Ford before the install. I set all four halfway on the height adjustment and have had no rubbing issues at all with oem-size wheels/tires while pushing hard on some real whoop-dee-doos. Big improvement over stock, it's stiff but not annoying so, much more controlled - worth the $$.

IMG_2309.JPEG

dredds17

I went with B14s for my 2016 and also ordered the above parts from Ford before the install. I set all four halfway on the height adjustment and have had no rubbing issues at all with oem-size wheels/tires while pushing hard on some real whoop-dee-doos. Big improvement over stock, it's stiff but not annoying so, much more controlled - worth the $$.

View attachment 26514

Do you recommend replacing the rear upper spring insulators as well or the B14s do not need that part anymore?

Thanks!