Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

koozy's ST

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #221
Good lord, what a PITA. Congrats on getting everything fixed, though. Are you gonna change up the BOV when you re-install the quick spool or keep living dangerous? [deviltail]
Will stay with the same BOV. I talked to Russ about it and he nixed the idea, a recirc couldn't be done clean without a lot time, effort and money. Not worth it right now.
The GT2560r will probably not be going back in. since everything is out it's time to upgrade and live dangerous! [deviltail]

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #222
Glad to hear it passed all the readiness tests with the tune. Unfortunately this probably something more and more of us are going to have to deal with in CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks, I'm hopeful I can roll up with my DHM set up and pass when the time comes, of course everything will look stock with OE intake, etc as much as I can do. If not I know what I have to do, been there done that [giggle] [smackbum]

thanks, I'm hopeful I can roll up with my DHM set up and pass when the time comes, of course everything will look stock with OE intake, etc as much as I can do. If not I know what I have to do, been there done that [giggle] [smackbum]
Sooo, can you say where all this shit went down? was it in OC? I just want to know where to avoid, because that looked like a horrible experience...

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #226
Shitt, with everything I've seen there I'm kinda shocked they went after a Fiesta...not one of the thousands of bikes or other modded to hell cars
yep, 3 cars chased me down and I wasn't even booking it. But all it took was one astute officer who knew what was what and went after me. They were all cool, just doing their jobs. It could have been worse and gladly took that ding over other scenarios they could have entertained.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #229
and so it goes... [biggrin]

To make way for the DHM Race Intercooler I removed the Mishimoto Oil Cooler, put back the factory oil cooler and installed a Mishimoto Radiator to help take care of my cooling needs.

Garrett Core

Authentic Garrett

Perfect clearances for bar, intercooler and bumper cover.

Provisions for OEM wire harness.

Mishimoto Radiator.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
And here I thought that the Mishimoto radiator was totally and completely a 'drop-in' deal, with NO fabrication, or modifications needed AT ALL to fit. [:(]

I know they are a good, supporting, vendor on this site, but they do need some competition for this part. [wink]

nope! when do you get your Quickspool kit?
I've got it :) I bought Rodmoe's kit. I am just waiting on Aux Fuel which is in the mail I just got the intercooler and crash bar this week so I might install that and the mishimoto radiator this weekend.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #234
And here I thought that the Mishimoto radiator was totally and completely a 'drop-in' deal, with NO fabrication, or modifications needed AT ALL to fit. [:(]

I know they are a good, supporting, vendor on this site, but they do need some competition for this part. [wink]
for the most part it is drop-in. I just was unlucky to have one with a tab that needed some help. other than that everything else was fine.

I've got it :) I bought Rodmoe's kit. I am just waiting on Aux Fuel which is in the mail I just got the intercooler and crash bar this week so I might install that and the mishimoto radiator this weekend.
Congrats! yeah, best to do it at the same time so you don't have to tear apart the front end again. I'm done for now until swap the OE turbo for the DHM turbo set up. I'm gonna take a break before I do that, this past month has been rough with the off and ons for me, LOL.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I'm curious to know how the factory turbo works with/reacts to the HUMONGOUS (but work of art :) ) DHM Race IC, while you still have it on the car. ??

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #236
OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #237
Temps during a spirited canyon run with the OE Radiator and Mishimoto Oil Cooler. DHM turbo on E30 tune.

Temps during a spirited canyon run on same road with the Mishimoto Radiator and factory OE oil cooler. Stock turbo self tune Stage 3 91oct.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^On the top set of data, with the factory radiator, is that also with the factory thermostat, or did you have the Mishimoto t-stat in the car at that time?

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #239
^^^On the top set of data, with the factory radiator, is that also with the factory thermostat, or did you have the Mishimoto t-stat in the car at that time?
don't have and don't want the lower 160 deg F thermostat. that's with the stock coolant thermostat for both screen grabs above. I'm happy with the temps right now, any colder potentially introduces other issues.

from my experience either a Mishimoto oil cooler or radiator alone will help immensely. for reference here's a shot of my temps during a canyon run with the stock OE oil cooler and stock OE radiator with coolant temps that left me very concerned.

Your thread is very well documented with all the photos and information. Not just the occasional picture or two, but you go pretty much step by step which takes a lot of sacrifice on your side, well done [rockon]