Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Krug Throws Parts at His Car: The Thread

Krug

KEY:
PLANNED
OPTIONAL
PURCHASED
COMPLETED

"Groundwork":
  • Shift Kit― Boomba Ultimate Shift Package
  • Oil Catch Can― Damond Motorsports PCV OCC
  • Limited Slip Differential― MFactory Helical
  • LSD Install Kit― Ford Performance
  • Rear Motor Mount― Whoosh Motorsports "Race" 87a RMM
  • Passenger Side Motor Mount― Power Flex "Race" Insert
  • Passenger Side Motor Mount Bolt― ARP
  • Driver Side Motor Mount― Power Flex "Race" Insert
  • Symposer Delete― Dorman 02600

Cooling:
  • Radiator― Mountune Triple-pass
  • Radiator Hoses― Whoosh Silicone
  • Thermostat― Ford 180F

Brakes:
  • F/R Brake Lines― StopTech Braided Steel
  • F/R Pads― EBC RedStuff
  • F/R Rotors― StopTech Slotted

Suspension:
  • Front Upper Brace― Pierce
  • Front Lower Brace― Pierce 6-Point
  • Midship Brace― Pierce
  • Rear Torsion Brace― None/TBD
  • Trunk Brace― Pierce
  • F/R Antisway Bars― Hotchkis 22447R

"Stage 3:"
  • Tuner― Cobb AP
  • Intake― cp-e αIntake
  • FMIC― Bravo Alpha
  • Charge Pipes― TBD
  • Downpipe― TBD
  • Downpipe Stud Kit― ARP
  • Exhaust― Thermal R&D
  • Spark Plugs― NGK 6510

Turbo Swap:
  • Custom Tune― Dizzy
  • Turbo― TBD
  • BOV― TBD
  • Wastegate― TBD
  • Header― Ported Stock
  • Turbo Blanket― Thermal Zero
  • Auxiliary Fuel― Peron 4-port

Cosmetic/Other:
  • Floor Mats― OEM ST Rubber Mats
  • Cargo Mat― OEM ST Rubber Mat
  • Dead Pedal― Boosted Designs
  • Paint Protection Film― 3M (full fascia, hood, fenders, A-pillars, partial mirrors & roof)
  • Mud Flaps― RokBlokz (Black w/ Red Logo)
  • Pedal Spacer― No-Pistons
  • Seat Heater Retrofit Harness― Self-Developed :)
  • Wheel Lugs― Muteki SR35 - Black
  • Oil Drain Valve - Fumoto F106S Valve w/ Fumoto ADP-106 Extender

Last edited:
OP
Krug

Krug

Thread Starter #3
I despise the dust that the OEM pads produce. Do you have an alternative? EBC, perhaps?

Brakes are low on my list, honestly - the OEM ones perform perfectly fine for now, I only plan to replace them when needed.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I despise the dust that the OEM pads produce. Do you have an alternative? EBC, perhaps?

Brakes are low on my list, honestly - the OEM ones perform perfectly fine for now, I only plan to replace them when needed.

I haven’t found a good replacement yet. I feel that most pads are a downgrade over stock and when making more power I’ll take dust over clean wheels and worse performing pads.

ron@whoosh

Vendor
Premier Vendor

EBC Redstuff has been a very popular alternative to the Hawk HPS 5.0 that most suggest and use instead of OEM.

If you decide to go with the RT330 revo turbo kit you will not need the Mishimoto charge pipes since the kit is complete with charge pipes
You'll also easily max out the stock fuel system with the RT330 on 93 octane.
The stock exhaust manifold will flow more than enough for the power level you are aiming for. If you do decide to grab an extra manifold to port match, not a huge power bump but it's piece of mind for sure making sure there are no flow obstructions

OP
Krug

Krug

Thread Starter #6
I haven’t found a good replacement yet. I feel that most pads are a downgrade over stock and when making more power I’ll take dust over clean wheels and worse performing pads.
Fair enough. I will keep it in mind.

EBC Redstuff has been a very popular alternative to the Hawk HPS 5.0 that most suggest and use instead of OEM.
Excellent, I will consider them!
If you decide to go with the RT330 revo turbo kit you will not need the Mishimoto charge pipes since the kit is complete with charge pipes
Well, I need a cheap alternative for the interim, as I plan to do this in stages, and am not keen on keeping the stock charge pipes. The turbo upgrade comes last, and my main goals for it are stock-like fitment, stock-ish spool, and of course higher power.
You'll also easily max out the stock fuel system with the RT330 on 93 octane.
I figured, which is why I am considering an aux system. My main question is whether or not 93 is sufficient for my goals (fuel starvation being the primary limitation), or if ethanol blends or WMI are suggested (octane being the primary limitation).
The stock exhaust manifold will flow more than enough for the power level you are aiming for. If you do decide to grab an extra manifold to port match, I personally like doing that whenever possible when building my own projects because I know how off the OEM manifold castings are compared to the head in most cases. Not a huge power bump but it's piece of mind for sure making sure there are no flow obstructions
Matches what I have read. I have the tools and time and steady hand to dedicate a weekend for porting my manifold. IIRC, a replacement OEM manifold is not terribly expensive, so no biggie if I screw up.

ron@whoosh

Vendor
Premier Vendor
Fair enough. I will keep it in mind.

Excellent, I will consider them!

Well, I need a cheap alternative for the interim, as I plan to do this in stages, and am not keen on keeping the stock charge pipes. The turbo upgrade comes last, and my main goals for it are stock-like fitment, stock-ish spool, and of course higher power.

I figured, which is why I am considering an aux system. My main question is whether or not 93 is sufficient for my goals (fuel starvation being the primary limitation), or if ethanol blends or WMI are suggested (octane being the primary limitation).

Matches what I have read. I have the tools and time and steady hand to dedicate a weekend for porting my manifold. IIRC, a replacement OEM manifold is not terribly expensive, so no biggie if I screw up.
we will have the Peron 4 port AUX fuel kits here next week just to offer another option

OP
Krug

Krug

Thread Starter #9
I dig the organization we got going on here!
Thanks! I've found that laying everything out and visualizing has always paid back in dividends, even when things go sideways.

we will have the Peron 4 port AUX fuel kits here next week just to offer another option
Interesting! Can you clue me in as the the cost and comparison to Stratified's 4-port aux? Different controller, perhaps a superior design or spray pattern?

OP
Krug

Krug

Thread Starter #10
Ron got me thinking - thanks Ron! - since I am leaning toward the RT330 turbo kit which includes charge pipes, in order save myself a few bucks and cut down on waste, would it be more viable for me to forgo the Mishimoto charge pipe kit and instead get the Whoosh noodlepipe and symposer delete?

For clarification, I plan to do a "stage 3" install first, and then a turbo upgrade later. Would replacing the resonated noodle pipe and deleting the symposer while keeping the rest of the stock charge pipe components be an issue? I can't think of a major reason why it would.

ron@whoosh

Vendor
Premier Vendor
Ron got me thinking - thanks Ron! - since I am leaning toward the RT330 turbo kit which includes charge pipes, in order save myself a few bucks and cut down on waste, would it be more viable for me to forgo the Mishimoto charge pipe kit and instead get the Whoosh noodlepipe and symposer delete?

For clarification, I plan to do a "stage 3" install first, and then a turbo upgrade later. Would replacing the resonated noodle pipe and deleting the symposer while keeping the rest of the stock charge pipe components be an issue? I can't think of a major reason why it would.
noodle pipe and symposer delete are more than adequate for stage 3

OP
Krug

Krug

Thread Starter #14
Damond Motorsports PCV OCC arrived and installed. Painless procedure, less than half an hour. Even routing the drain tube was extremely simple. Highly recommended for the plug-and-play nature of this kit.

Result is nice and tidy (although my engine bay could use a detailing):

OP
Krug

Krug

Thread Starter #15
Used FORscan to disable my TPMS, shift indicator, and change some Sync 3 settings - boot animation is now ST/Ford Performance (why wasn't it like this to begin with?), SiriusXM is gone, and a couple of other minor tweaks not worth mentioning.

TDavis

Used FORscan to disable my TPMS, shift indicator, and change some Sync 3 settings - boot animation is now ST/Ford Performance (why wasn't it like this to begin with?), SiriusXM is gone, and a couple of other minor tweaks not worth mentioning.
What was the sequence/process for disabling the shift indicator?

OP
Krug

Krug

Thread Starter #17
What was the sequence/process for disabling the shift indicator?
Start the engine, ensure that FORscan is communicating with your OBD adapter and is fully loaded.
Click the microchip icon (Configuration and Programming, I think?)
Look for the "IPC (Central Configuration) Main" module. Select it and click the "Play" button on the bottom of FORscan.
Look for the "Shift Indication" entry (there is a filter on the top-right of FORscan that can help) and open it.
Change the value to "Without shift indication" and click OK
Click the "Write" button to save this setting

At various points FORscan will give you prompts to cycle the ignition, or to put the car in accessory power mode only. I don't remember when these prompts occur, but just follow them as they come and you'll be fine.

The same process applies to the TPMS system, except you select "Tire Pressure Monitoring System" instead of "Shift Indication." I disabled mine because I check my tire pressures regularly and don't plan on buying TPMS sensors going forward.

OP
Krug

Krug

Thread Starter #18
Just purchased my winter tire setup. 15" base model steel wheels and 185/60R15 Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2s. Michigan roads mean I need the tall sidewalls. Since I disabled my TPMS I picked up some normal valve stems and the wheels are currently being mounted and balanced at a local shop so I can install them later.

As I posted in another thread, I recently disposed of the shoddy brackets that came with my Rally Armor mudflaps and made my own out of 3/4" x 1/8" aluminum flat bar which I then painted with self-etching primer and black enamel.

OP
Krug

Krug

Thread Starter #19
I developed (over the past few weeks) and installed (today) a seat heater retrofit harness in my base seat ST. I did not purchase Recaros, but instead I installed heater pads to my base seats. It was a very fun and involved development process, and I'm going to make several more harnesses for others to get the heaters working in their Recaro swap STs. [grinking]

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Coolnezzz For Sale 7