Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lamin-x

Hi guys. Any one use pre cut lamin-x on their car. Looking for any reviews from you guys.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I’ve got lamin x on the rear reflectors, 3rd brake light and oem fogs. It does turn the fogs slightly green if you use 6000k LEDs. I ended up just getting some yellow LEDs. I tried to do one headlight but after 30 min I said fuck it and will eventually have a professional do it. It’s not hard to do smaller parts, but a headlight or tail light is gonna be a bitch to do.

OP
ShaunPanday
Thread Starter #5
Hi guys. Thank you for the replies. I am looking to get pre cut laminx for the headlights. Want to find out if any one has used this and if the pre cut big enough to cover the edges of the lights

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I did an install on new cars headlights and they were an absolute nightmare to install. Took me hours to get decent and edges still keep wanting to lift. They give you more material then necessary to cover all visable parts. You usually have to cut excess off. If you are unhappy with the fit they are pretty good about refunds as long as it wasn't obvious install error.

Attachments

OP
ShaunPanday
Thread Starter #8
I did an install on new cars headlights and they were an absolute nightmare to install. Took me hours to get decent and edges still keep wanting to lift. They give you more material then necessary to cover all visable parts. You usually have to cut excess off. If you are unhappy with the fit they are pretty good about refunds as long as it wasn't obvious install error.
Nicely done. Was this the pre cut one or the sheet

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I’ve got lamin x on the rear reflectors, 3rd brake light and oem fogs. It does turn the fogs slightly green if you use 6000k LEDs. I ended up just getting some yellow LEDs. I tried to do one headlight but after 30 min I said fuck it and will eventually have a professional do it. It’s not hard to do smaller parts, but a headlight or tail light is gonna be a bitch to do.
I only did the foglights but it wasn't bad at all, took about 10 minutes per side. I cleaned the foglights then sprayed with windex, squeegeed out the excess moisture and hit them with a blowdryer for a few minutes and they've been on for a couple years with no issues. The blowdryer was important for getting rid of some ripples.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I only did the foglights but it wasn't bad at all, took about 10 minutes per side. I cleaned the foglights then sprayed with windex, squeegeed out the excess moisture and hit them with a blowdryer for a few minutes and they've been on for a couple years with no issues. The blowdryer was important for getting rid of some ripples.
Agreed the fog lights weren’t bad at all to do but the headlights are hell. My euros got dropped off today to have done in some 55% PPF by a pro cuz I’m not messing with them after the first failed attempt lol

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Agreed the fog lights weren’t bad at all to do but the headlights are hell. My euros got dropped off today to have done in some 55% PPF by a pro cuz I’m not messing with them after the first failed attempt lol
I could see that being a pain. The thing I learned with clear films is the windex underneath, it makes such a huge difference vs water. Takes longer to evaporate but man does it float the film around well. At this point its more worth my time to just pay someone else though

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I want to see how this came out. I have euros in box still as waiting to light smoke ppf them beforehand

haste

1000 Post Club
I did the headlights and taillights with the precut film. Fit was great but after about 3 summers in Eastern NC the film actually shrunk and started to look like butt. Luckily, it comes off easily. Not going to put it on my car again.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I want to see how this came out. I have euros in box still as waiting to light smoke ppf them beforehand
FYI to update this, I tried the euros for a couple of weeks and then took them off. Dude wasn’t able to do the film without the car there. I’ve decided I hate the euro beam pattern therefore won’t be using them, so I have no idea how the film looks.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
FYI to update this, I tried the euros for a couple of weeks and then took them off. Dude wasn’t able to do the film without the car there. I’ve decided I hate the euro beam pattern therefore won’t be using them, so I have no idea how the film looks.
Right on thanks man. Sux they didnt work out for you. I assume youve tried different bulbs led/halogen? Im sure those would sell on here with cars245 always backordered.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Right on thanks man. Sux they didnt work out for you. I assume youve tried different bulbs led/halogen? Im sure those would sell on here with cars245 always backordered.
I didn’t mess with them. The homie on here I bought them from already had swapped LED bulbs for the low/high/turn so I didn’t figure I’d see much improvement. The aim of drivers side is my issue. It doesn’t throw far enough from the vehicle and adjusting it made me feel like I was going to blind oncoming drivers. They’ll hit for sale soon, as will a bunch of other parts.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
This is what I am planning on doing with my Euro’s ( which are actually the Ford ones so the aim is correct i.e. LHD Factory Ford ) hence why I have not put them on yet. Ya I got them a few years back for a deal.