Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Left Lane Parking ?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Seems like it's been progressively worse these last several months. Is it just me? Is there some concerted effort among the FB crowd or something? πŸ˜„ Seems like myself and other drivers are constantly having to find ways around these people now. Four lanes of traffic and on I-75 and people want to travel virtually the same speed as the right three lanes. πŸ˜‹

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
BTW, if you've ever wondered why truckers sometimes do it, it's because there's fuzz somewhere up ahead. Sometimes they move on by the time you reach the spot though. The truckers are cool.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What irks me is when the truckers do this when they BY POSTED LAW are forbidden from the leftmost lane, even when it is not the emergency scenario you've described above. [:(!]

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Happens all the time. 2 problems that could easily be solved if anyone cared to do so.

1) Our drivers ed on the whole does a horrible job of teaching that the left lane is the passing lane, not the fast lane. Just because you're doing 10 mph over the speed limit doesn't mean you get to claim the left lane as your own.

2) Police do not enforce left lane laws. All 50 states have some sort of law on the books disallowing driving in the left lane for no good reason when other cars are trying to pass you. It's also illegal in most states to pass on the right.

If SHP jobs paid better I'd quit my job tomorrow and write left lane tickets all day every day.

Business6

I can't stand this shit. Yield or GTFO the highway.

These aren't "safe" drivers, either, as those drivers wouldn't be in the left lane as they won't go that speed anyway. These are just oblivious ass jackals on their phones or whatever else distracts them.

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
................. If SHP jobs paid better I'd quit my job tomorrow and write left lane tickets all day every day.
Maybe we can all pool some funds together and subsidize Dhminer LoL. πŸ˜„πŸ˜‰

What irks me is when the truckers do this when they BY POSTED LAW are forbidden from the leftmost lane, even when it is not the emergency scenario you've described above. [:(!]
I "hear" ya. :)
What I meant though, is not the "move over" law when LEO is on the side of he road, but they literally block the left lane because they KNOW fuzz is ahead (they radio each other) and want to keep them from writing any tickets. I appreciate them doing that. They get back over (opportunity presenting) once they pass fuzz.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Maybe we can all pool some funds together and subsidize Dhminer LoL. πŸ˜„πŸ˜‰

I "hear" ya. :)
What I meant though, is not the "move over" law when LEO is on the side of he road, but they literally block the left lane because they KNOW fuzz is ahead (they radio each other) and want to keep them from writing any tickets. I appreciate them doing that. They get back over (opportunity presenting) once they pass fuzz.
They do this all the time on 65 between Indy and Chicago. Infuriating in the moment but I appreciate them looking out