Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Left side motor mount installed, but I made a couple stupid mistakes

It seems that almost every time I work on my car Murphy's law comes into play. Today I installed my vibra technics drivers side mount, did the passenger side a couple weeks back, and I had a couple issues in getting everything back together.

Mistake #1: I broke one of the studs coming out of the mount that the battery box bracket bolts on to, the metal bracket right above the mount. I overtightened it and the bolt came off. Does anyone know where I can buy replacements to install? Or will it be secure without this bolt?

Mistake #2: Now this is the one I'm more concerned about, when plugging the ecm back in after screwing down the battery box, the grey lock on the bottom connector broke off on one side after pushing it inwards. I was able to drive home and it was fine, but I'm concerned this may back out while driving leaving me stranded. Can I just replace the grey locking bit or will I need to replace the entire connector?

Dumb mistakes aside, the mount went in with ease and has made a noticable difference. The old OEM mount was completely busted, I was able to wiggle it around with my hands with little effort at all. Putting this mount in finally solved a decent chunk of the issues I was having with my car (somethings still off, but this is a considerable improvement). I was able to do the whole job in just under two hours, I expected to take at least three so that's a bit of a win.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is it one of the little Nut studs that hold the tray to the bracket? If so you will be fine with 2 out of 3* The connector is one that may need to be bought in a pigtail*