Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Let see what motorcycles y’all got

Ive decided to sign up for class and start the process of getting my M license.
I had originally wanted to pick up another car as a daily but Ive always wanted to ride, so i thought this would be the best time for me to get on that since I finished paying off the bean. I dont work far from home so i have the option of taking local or highway to get to work.

Been doing a bit of research and I currently have my eyes set on an R3. I think its a nice entry level bike and mainly because im a tiny dude with a super short inseam :cry:.
Nonetheless, R3 yay or nay? I also looked into a ktm rc390, but i heard the bike lacks on the highway

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do you plan on doing any track days or canyon carving? The R3 is great for both but some folks start too far down the beginner scale and then pine for more in a few short months. If you think you might fit this profile, get the new R7.

If you only plan to commute and cruise then an R3 is perfect!

Last edited:
Do you plan on doing any track days or canyon carving? The R3 is great for both but some folks start to far down the beginner scale and then pine for more in a few short months. If you think you might fit this profile, get the new R7.

If you only plan to commute and cruise then an R3 is perfect!
no track days for me since im more of a spectator in that sense, but i do plan on some canyon carving every once in a while to enjoy the bike a bit more.
The bike will mainly be another daily alternative, but will definitely get the same love as i do the fist.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
You may just have to sit on it. One of the main reasons I chose my bike is the higher seat height. Later I found out they're comparably top-heavy which makes for phenomenal handling at the cost of tricky low-speed maneuvering.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...22EE0398995CB3D3A7CA22EE0398995C&&FORM=VRCMPA

I'm an R6 rider and one of the reasons I haven't updated is the fact that all the newer generation bikes are increasingly smaller. But at the same time I'd like something that can be more of a care-free beater. I was concerned about the power output on the R3 but the above review kind of lays that to rest, with another source quoting " .... can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 5.10 seconds. 0-80 mph in 8.73 and 0-100 mph in 17.13 seconds. The quarter mile benchmark arrives in 14 seconds flat with a terminal speed of 95 mph." More than adequate. Obviously it's going to struggle in the triple-digits whereas the R6 is literally at home there. Ultimately I'll just have to sit on one and depending, just deal with the "monkey sitting on a football" appearance.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
BTW, I too highly recommend the ABS equipped model. Off the top of my head and over 60k on the R6, there have been two situations where that may have saved some coin. The annoying thing about ABS in cars is their propensity to needlessly lengthen stopping distance, especially over bumps. Dunno whether the R3 will do that.

You may just have to sit on it. One of the main reasons I chose my bike is the higher seat height. Later I found out they're comparably top-heavy which makes for phenomenal handling at the cost of tricky low-speed maneuvering.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...22EE0398995CB3D3A7CA22EE0398995C&&FORM=VRCMPA

I'm an R6 rider and one of the reasons I haven't updated is the fact that all the newer generation bikes are increasingly smaller. But at the same time I'd like something that can be more of a care-free beater. I was concerned about the power output on the R3 but the above review kind of lays that to rest, with another source quoting " .... can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 5.10 seconds. 0-80 mph in 8.73 and 0-100 mph in 17.13 seconds. The quarter mile benchmark arrives in 14 seconds flat with a terminal speed of 95 mph." More than adequate. Obviously it's going to struggle in the triple-digits whereas the R6 is literally at home there. Ultimately I'll just have to sit on one and depending, just deal with the "monkey sitting on a football" appearance.
I will for sure be that monkey sitting on plenty of bikes before I pull the trigger. Like i said, im a tiny dude standing proud at 5'1 with a bigger torso than legs so no matter which bike i hop on thats in the sport class, ill def be one footing on pavement with the weight of the bike also being a factor. I wouldn't be surprised myself down line if i do step up the CCs not just for the power.
Maybe i should just get a Grom :sneaky:

Ive watched sooo many of these videos lately just gathering info and doing research. One of the main reasons for the R3 was that it seems like the perfect medium for an entry level, it reminds me of the ST in a sense. Plus i hear it handles better on the highway than other bikes in its sub400 class aside from the Ninja 400 in this generation

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
People who have Groms really like them. Not something you'd want on the freeway, but they're fun town bikes. If you're comfortable sitting on an R3, that would be the one to get. 50 hp is enough to do the job.
My dualsport only has about 45 or so, and that's enough to do 75 all day long.

Last edited:
Currently a Z1000SX. Much fun! Bone stock except for exhaust, arrow decat headers and cans. Best bike I've ever had.

Previously a CB500 / Gen4 Vfr800 / ybr125. Wife has a Cb400sf / c90 / Honda NC50 :) FB_IMG_1614532117698.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Never owned a bike, but used to go scrambling up in the New Territories in Hong Kong on an Army BSA 250 or 350cc beast! That thing weighed a ton but I never fell off it! They say you can't ride a bike until you've fallen off one! That was way back in the mid 70's!