Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for best intercoolers

they are regular end tanks, below is a pic of a Delta fin end tank View attachment 38782
Got it, I’ve never seen them referred to as delta fin end tanks. Just always have seen “divided end tanks” or “Air Dividing end tanks” I appreciate you clearing it up.

I have seen people compare cores that were delta fin vs standard bar and plate.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Got it, I’ve never seen them referred to as delta fin end tanks. Just always have seen “divided end tanks” or “Air Dividing end tanks” I appreciate you clearing it up.

I have seen people compare cores that were delta fin vs standard bar and plate.
Delta fins are what CPE calls them . I believe its a trademark.

So is a delta fin end tank "the way to go"? Also, so I'm assuming that the CPE is better than the V3 then, correct? I was thinking of upgrading to a V3, but if the CPE is better, then I'll go that route.
A finned end tank should give you more even airflow distribution. So many people are guided by costs around here lots will pick the Whoosh V3 because its more affordable and will work cores themselves are pretty much identical( difference in the end tanks) . Is the CPE better only you can decide that :LOL:.
The other thing one could do is look for someone selling a used Whoosh V2:ROFLMAO: They have popped up used occasionally .

In reply to @SST ya Wagners are dope I think Ron has them on his site they are very expensive though. Also one does not need a Wagner unless they are shooting for big HP numbers IMO.

Last edited:

TemecFist

Delta fins are what CPE calls them . I believe its a trademark.

A finned end tank should give you more even airflow distribution. So many people are guided by costs around here lots will pick the Whoosh V3 because its more affordable and will work cores themselves are pretty much identical( difference in the end tanks) . Is the CPE better only you can decide that :LOL:.
The other thing one could do is look for someone selling a used Whoosh V2:ROFLMAO: They have popped up used occasionally .

In reply to @SST ya Wagners are dope I think Ron has them on his site they are very expensive though. Also one does not need a Wagner unless they are shooting for big HP numbers IMO.
So if I'm reading between the lines correctly, then I should look for a CPE, then a V2, or lastly, a V3?

I have the V1 right now, but have been wanting to upgrade it. I was actually looking at the Airtec one.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So is a delta fin end tank "the way to go"? Also, so I'm assuming that the CPE is better than the V3 then, correct? I was thinking of upgrading to a V3, but if the CPE is better, then I'll go that route.
So if I'm reading between the lines correctly, then I should look for a CPE, then a V2, or lastly, a V3?

I have the V1 right now, but have been wanting to upgrade it. I was actually looking at the Airtec one.
look for the V2 then the CPE then a V3 would be my take. As far as the Airtec one goes you could easily get the Wagner from Ron for $650 though I think its rather oversized. What are you running for a Turbo? I personally feel the BA , Airtec,Wagner etc are only needed for people shooting for over 350HP . I personally also 350HP in these cars is pretty cray .

TemecFist

look for the V2 then the CPE then a V3 would be my take. As far as the Airtec one goes you could easily get the Wagner from Ron for $650 though I think its rather oversized. What are you running for a Turbo? I personally feel the BA , Airtec,Wagner etc are only needed for people shooting for over 350HP . I personally also 350HP in these cars is pretty cray .
I'm running a stock turbo, lol, nothing big at all. The airtec is not a big IC like the Wagner, it fits in the stock location, just thicker than stock I believe.
Why the V2 over the CPE?

https://www.airtecmotorsport.com/products/ford/fiesta-mk8-st-200/

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'm running a stock turbo, lol, nothing big at all. The airtec is not a big IC like the Wagner, it fits in the stock location, just thicker than stock I believe.
Why the V2 over the CPE?

well first off the particular Airtec you linked is for a MK8 not a MK7.5. While it would fit the drawback is its pretty much the same size as your current Whoosh V1 about the only advantage I can see is its Tube and fin so it would have better flow. Plus at current exchange rate that thing is $630 lol. The V2 only because if you found one it would be used and probably sold cheap as they were only $399 new. Now if you found a low mileage used CPE like I did which I picked up for $288:ROFLMAO: you would be in fine shape. There is more chance of finding a CPE used than a V2 as they were not sold for long before Ron brought the V3 out.

TemecFist

well first off the particular Airtec you linked is for a MK8 not a MK7.5. While it would fit the drawback is its pretty much the same size as your current Whoosh V1 about the only advantage I can see is its Tube and fin so it would have better flow. Plus at current exchange rate that thing is $630 lol. The V2 only because if you found one it would be used and probably sold cheap as they were only $399 new. Now if you found a low mileage used CPE like I did which I picked up for $288:ROFLMAO: you would be in fine shape. There is more chance of finding a CPE used than a V2 as they were not sold for long before Ron brought the V3 out.
Well, now to make things even harder....lol. I only want one in black. I think CPE used to have them in black, but I'm not sure anymore.
I posted the wrong Airtec. Lol. This one is right around $345.

https://www.airtecmotorsport.com/pr...ntercooler-upgrade-for-fiesta-st180-ecoboost/

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Well, now to make things even harder....lol. I only want one in black. I think CPE used to have them in black, but I'm not sure anymore.

Maybe I posted the wron Airtec. This one is right around $345.

https://www.airtecmotorsport.com/pr...ntercooler-upgrade-for-fiesta-st180-ecoboost/
ok I got a plan, That Airtec is basically the Same Intercooler as my Mountune bar and plate which is Black! I could sell you my Mountune. Right now I am vdyno’ing 284HP with it . The only thing I an concerned about with it is how much temp rise and I am going to see when the Weather gets warmer. I have not installed the CPE yet. So that might be something for you to consider. I am waiting on my next revision and still only on pump gas tunes. I am plan on doing a 93 tune with 2 gallons race gas to the rest pump. .

TemecFist

ok I got a plan, That Airtec is basically the Same Intercooler as my Mountune bar and plate which is Black! I could sell you my Mountune. Right now I am vdyno’ing 284HP with it . The only thing I an concerned about with it is how much temp rise and I am going to see when the Weather gets warmer. I have not installed the CPE yet. So that might be something for you to consider. I am waiting on my next revision and still only on pump gas tunes. I am plan on doing a 93 tune with 2 gallons race gas to the rest pump. .
Do you not like the Mountune, or is it just not keeping up? I'm interested, keep me posted on it for sure.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I posted the wrong Airtec. Lol. This one is right around $345.

IF you do find a used silver CP-E, you could always have it coated black with that heat-dissipating coating (CP-E was/is getting a $120.00 upcharge for the coated black version of their Delta IC).

I was thinking of doing this for mine locally, before I install it, since when I first bought it, they did not even offer the black heat shedding coating option way back then.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Do you not like the Mountune, or is it just not keeping up? I'm interested, keep me posted on it for sure.
I am seeing charge temp rises between 7-18 over ambient. of 77 degrees. My friend sees about 4-12 over ambient with his Whoosh V2 FWIW. So the CPE should net me around 3-6 degrees over ambient drop from what I am currently seeing.

Brianmc27

Why the V2 over the CPE?

If you’re sticking with the stock turbo I’d recommend the Mountune. It’s plenty for any stock turbo tune and it fits so much better than the other ones recommended.

I swapped my V3 out recently for the Mountune and have been happy. Though the V3 definitely kicked ass at keeping charge temps down.

TemecFist

If you’re sticking with the stock turbo I’d recommend the Mountune. It’s plenty for any stock turbo tune and it fits so much better than the other ones recommended.

I swapped my V3 out recently for the Mountune and have been happy. Though the V3 definitely kicked ass at keeping charge temps down.
What did you do with your V3? Some people say they have had fitment issues with the V1, V2, V3 IC's, I didnt have any fitment issues with my V1.

I guess another question is, is it really worth it to upgrade from the V1 with a stock turbo?

Brianmc27

What did you do with your V3? Some people say they have had fitment issues with the V1, V2, V3 IC's, I didnt have any fitment issues with my V1.

I guess another question is, is it really worth it to upgrade from the V1 with a stock turbo?
I sold mine to a guy on the forums.

With the V3 I wasn’t able to get the middle splash guard bracket bolted back on, which bothered me. Also - there was a subtle, but noticeable to me, bumper flex from the bumper being in contact with the IC and bolted back on.

I have a friend that runs the Whoosh Hybrid with a Depo (which is the same as a V1) with no issues, and we’re in Sacramento where the summers are hella hot. I think you’re safe with a V1.

CSM

1000 Post Club
V1 works fine with stock turbo. Mine struggled when I switched to the X37, so I got the CPE.

FWIW, the V1 had the same fitment issues as my CPE (e.g., splash guard not being able to bolt back on)

XanRules

I bought a cheap one off of eBay, can't remember the brand, but I did some research at the time and someone on the Focus (or maybe Mustang?) forums concluded that it was identical in every way to the $600+ Mishimoto one, down to the alloy and casting marks. Haven't had any problems, but I am on stock turbo in a mild climate.