Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for Fiesta ST owners in San Diego

Looking for Fiesta ST friends in San Diego to help each other install parts and do some canyon carving. Currently installed MAP intercooler, RMM, oil cooler and strat tune. Having some over heating issues so I'm going to install a 160 degree thermostat next week and if that doesn't work going to spring for a new radiator.

There are a few of us around in San Diego. We've talked about getting together for a run but nothing has come of it yet.
To be honest I've avoided them. It seems I always hear about someone getting a ticket or in some kind of trouble. I'd love to be wrong about that though

I have the Mountune radiator and the stock thermostat. I rarely see 200 degree. I'm usually in the 193-197 area and it just sits there, even in that crazy heat we had last week. It really works, I'd seriously consider it. The install isn't bad at all.

Last edited:
OP
warrengangel
Thread Starter #5
Just installed the 160 degree thermostat, temps are staying lower. Monotune radiator is next on the list but running out of money for car parts this month. I did the Palomar Mt at like 8am a couple of Sundays ago and I had a Audi crew behind me and a some Lexus leading. Lexus was slowing us all down, and his rear end almost came around his front at one point. I didn't see one cop the whole trip. I think if we keep it to a small group we would be fine. I'm thinking about heading up to Julian this Sunday to see if those roads are any fun.

TemecFist

Just installed the 160 degree thermostat, temps are staying lower. Monotune radiator is next on the list but running out of money for car parts this month. I did the Palomar Mt at like 8am a couple of Sundays ago and I had a Audi crew behind me and a some Lexus leading. Lexus was slowing us all down, and his rear end almost came around his front at one point. I didn't see one cop the whole trip. I think if we keep it to a small group we would be fine. I'm thinking about heading up to Julian this Sunday to see if those roads are any fun.
You gotta do Palomar later in the evening when there are less cars. Late at night is even better. That kind of goes with any road, whether its Sunrise Hwy (Julian) or Palomar. Normally these types of roads are scenic, so you always have some idiot doing 25mph in a 55, staring out their window, or down at their phone. Late night.....roads are empty and safer.

Im from north county, they Tri-City area off the 78, and frequently drive out to Palomar (S6) and take roads in bonsall/valley center/Escondido to get out there. I recently took Highland Road (?) off the 15 by Poway to the backside of Palomar. It was a lot of fun.

I am always down to go to drives after 10pm. Like others have said, there's too much traffic earlier. I generally prefer to start around 11pm-midnight and go until 2-3am...

TemecFist

Im from north county, they Tri-City area off the 78, and frequently drive out to Palomar (S6) and take roads in bonsall/valley center/Escondido to get out there. I recently took Highland Road (?) off the 15 by Poway to the backside of Palomar. It was a lot of fun.

I am always down to go to drives after 10pm. Like others have said, there's too much traffic earlier. I generally prefer to start around 11pm-midnight and go until 2-3am...
EXACTLY. Me too. I like to do late night runs also.

SrsBsns

I'm in North Park. I'm down pretty much any time. I've been trying to coordinate something but never got anywhere with it.

HIGHLY recommend doing the radiator. I have the Mountune and it's fixed all of my cooling problems in all conditions. Let me know if you need a hand wrenching. I'm pretty much always down.

OP
warrengangel
Thread Starter #18
So with the 160 degree thermostat with the oil cooler and my 15 min drive to work and a couple of wide open throttles my oil temp is only getting up to about 180 degrees and coolant maxed out at 190 degrees. Hopefully that's hot enough for longevity of the engine. But we'll see the next time I hit a mountain run.

OP
warrengangel
Thread Starter #19
I'm in North Park. I'm down pretty much any time. I've been trying to coordinate something but never got anywhere with it.

HIGHLY recommend doing the radiator. I have the Mountune and it's fixed all of my cooling problems in all conditions. Let me know if you need a hand wrenching. I'm pretty much always down.
Hey I'm in Normal Heights!!!!!

OP
warrengangel
Thread Starter #20
You gotta do Palomar later in the evening when there are less cars. Late at night is even better. That kind of goes with any road, whether its Sunrise Hwy (Julian) or Palomar. Normally these types of roads are scenic, so you always have some idiot doing 25mph in a 55, staring out their window, or down at their phone. Late night.....roads are empty and safer.
You're right, on Palomar when every one was jamming up hard it felt dangerous, there were even a few guys on bicycles that I was worried about. Next time I do a run I'll try a night time one with you guys.