Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for short shift adapter comparisons

Hey man I know you switched it back to stock but I just recently put on a whoosh adapter. If you ever are around Brooklyn, your welcome to swing by to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are your impressions of the Whoosh? You getting the same "weird" feeling going into 2nd that OP experienced? Would you recommend?

What are your impressions of the Whoosh? You getting the same "weird" feeling going into 2nd that OP experienced? Would you recommend?
It feels very close to how stock is but a little shorter. I have it on the 15% setting and the real significance is going from 3rd to 4th. Otherwise the other gears feel practically the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure I have said this before.....Quit pussy footing around and get the Mountune shift adapter. Its the Best one...PERIOD!
Based on what? It's twice the price of other options and the only difference I see is a slight one in position where the cable mounts.

Well I've owned now Three different Vendors shift adapterS including the Mountune. Its a lot more smoother and it goes to 30% Buy once cry once!
How's the weight of the mountune compared to others? Could that be contributing to the smoothness? Considering getting the whoosh and if it feels too notchy, adding weight like OP mentioned.

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
Based on what? It's twice the price of other options and the only difference I see is a slight one in position where the cable mounts.
From what I can tell, the biggest advantage and disadvantage (aside from the price), is its design.

It has a shorter height than the other brands, so it doesnt cause an unnatural angle on the shift cable. That is the one thing I didnt like about the Boomba. The gears that are on the short side, meaning when the shift cable retracts (2nd & 4th in particular), felt like "murky, like stirring thick oatmeal. If you look under the hood when in those gears, it looked awfully kinked at those positions.

On the other, Mountune's design requires you to remove the pivot ball from the shift cable lever and re-use it in the adapter. This makes the install a bit more involved, but mostly importantly for me, it makes it a pain in the ass to return to stock. That might not be a problem for most people, but I'm kinda indecisive about modding in general (as you can tell, since I already reverted it back to stock), and much prefer mods that are "slip on, slip off".

2017 Magnetic FiST w/Recaros

Spork1569

Well I've owned now Three different Vendors shift adapterS including the Mountune. Its a lot more smoother and it goes to 30% Buy once cry once!
LOL same, have gone from whoosh afldapter to Boomba to now Mountune and Mountune is definitely the best so far.

Plus when combined with Boomba's short shift lever who wouldn't want 50% reduction?

Spork1569

From what I can tell, the biggest advantage and disadvantage (aside from the price), is its design.

It has a shorter height than the other brands, so it doesnt cause an unnatural angle on the shift cable. That is the one thing I didnt like about the Boomba. The gears that are on the short side, meaning when the shift cable retracts (2nd & 4th in particular), felt like "murky, like stirring thick oatmeal. If you look under the hood when in those gears, it looked awfully kinked at those positions.

On the other, Mountune's design requires you to remove the pivot ball from the shift cable lever and re-use it in the adapter. This makes the install a bit more involved, but mostly importantly for me, it makes it a pain in the ass to return to stock. That might not be a problem for most people, but I'm kinda indecisive about modding in general (as you can tell, since I already reverted it back to stock), and much prefer mods that are "slip on, slip off".

You actually don't reuse the ball, the Mountune kit has the ball already in place. You basically use the hole created by the missing ball to insert the screw that holds it in place.

I thought going back to stock would be difficult too but it looks like you'd really only have to tap the ball back into place. The tool used to remove it makes it come out smoothly and unharmed.

Last edited:
LOL same, have gone from whoosh afldapter to Boomba to now Mountune and Mountune is definitely the best so far.

Plus when combined with Boomba's short shift lever who wouldn't want 50% reduction?
Yeah I don't mind coughing up a little more for the Mountune, but not if I'm not getting more for the price. You guys have convinced me it's worth it. Will be ordering soon from Ron

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
OK, Mountune adapter and cable bushings ordered! Hopefully I'll get them on this weekend and can post some impressions. Thanks for the great info guys.
Thanks!
Great idea to update us with some findings/impressions.
Even though I have gone back to stock, I'm sure this info can be beneficial to others.

Thanks!
Great idea to update us with some findings/impressions.
Even though I have gone back to stock, I'm sure this info can be beneficial to others.

Yepp, exactly. This thread convinced me to go with the Mountune even though you decided to keep it stock so thanks for posting!

Mountune adapter and Whoosh cable bushings in (well 2 out of 3 cause I lost one in the engine bay). Feels amazing. Any vagueness that I had in 2nd before is now gone, presumably thanks to the bushings. Throw feels the right amount of short. Definitely notchier but I mainly only notice when putting it into 1st or reverse from a stop as the gear shift has less momentum.

Thanks for the recommendations guys!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mountune adapter and Whoosh cable bushings in (well 2 out of 3 cause I lost one in the engine bay). Feels amazing. Any vagueness that I had in 2nd before is now gone, presumably thanks to the bushings. Throw feels the right amount of short. Definitely notchier but I mainly only notice when putting it into 1st or reverse from a stop as the gear shift has less momentum.

Thanks for the recommendations guys!

Now change the Trans fluid out if you haven't with Ravenol 75w80...then report back....full 2qts also.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Now change the Trans fluid out if you haven't with Ravenol 75w80...then report back....full 2qts also.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Already did. Didnt make much of a difference to be honest. I didnt think to measure the fill it had so it might've already been 2 litres