Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looks like I'm gonna be changing the thermostat and water pump....

haste

1000 Post Club
Noticed a couple days ago my coolant temp was about 8F higher after arriving at work. My commute is mixed highway and a tiny bit of city. The last stretch is highway(55mph) when my engine is actually warmed up and is only a couple miles. Coolant temp was about 208. I normally don't see above 200-201. Checked my coolant level and it was above the minimum mark but I topped it off anyway while crossing my fingers. Finally drove it today on the interstate at around 80MPH speeds and it almost hit 211. When I'm sitting idling it stays close to 207F but if I rev the engine to about 3k RPMs and hold it, it drops quickly below 200F. ARRRRRRRGH. :(

PhoenixM3

I probably drove for a couple months (cooler weather) before realizing my radiator fan had failed. It was the worst game trying to keep from overheating while waiting on the replacement fan.

OP
haste

haste

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I probably drove for a couple months (cooler weather) before realizing my radiator fan had failed. It was the worst game trying to keep from overheating while waiting on the replacement fan.
Definitely not a problem with the fan, it's been running full bore. Ran the car longer on the interstate today and did a hard pull and got the coolant temp up to 213.

It dropped quite a few degrees when I started the pull and then shot up pretty quick. I'm really thinking water pump at this point.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
haste; It makes none of the 'typical' bad water pump seal/bearing noises, or don't our plastic impeller pumps make any noises when they give up the ghost? [dunno]

OP
haste

haste

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Still haven't had time to troubleshoot. Drove it again today and hit 211F. Hopefully just a bad bypass valve or shutoff solenoid valve.