Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Loose rocker panel cladding. What clip do I need?

I'm not sure how it happened, but the rocker "ground effects" cladding on the left side of my car came loose near the rear wheelwell. It looks like the clip is broken, and the double sided tape is not holding it anymore. Seems like I could replace the clip and tape and get on with my life, but I'm not sure what the clip is called in order to order it. Anyone have the info? Any recommendations for what kind of tape to replace the factory (foam?) tape with?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've had the whole passenger side rocker skirt replaced by the dealer under warranty, and it was separating AGAIN not 2 months after that work. [mad]

I am just going to give up, and use some JB Weld 'syringe' stuff, good for ~4400 PSI (supposedly) which is made for this purpose, without even taking it off and replacing the clip, (and I don't care if that becomes a 'permanent' fix, which cannot be removed without damage).

I am sure that the job, by Ford repair edict, calls for that crazy expensive 3M body panel adhesive stuff (@ ~ $120.00 for the tool and material), but you will use soooo little of that, and it will harden in the tube (even with the cap on tightly) and be useless anyway in a half year's time, so NO GO for me. [nono]

The JB Weld stuff is ~$5.00, on the shelf at Wally's, or any of the auto parts chains. [wink]

BTW; I've tried the very strongest of the 3M body panel double-sided tapes, and that does not even come close to holding that front part of the skirt to the fender panel. [:(]

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So M-Sport fan,

After you did that has it been perfect ever since?
I am waiting until my next wheel changeover to do this.
IF it weren't for so many pebbles and small rocks getting caught in the gap while working on ARA gravel rallies (and increasing that gap even more), I would just live with it at this point. [wink]