Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Loudest Exhaust????

I cannot decide which exhaust to order. I dont want to get a custom exhaust. I would like to buy a pre built one off of whoosh. They have thermal, miltek, borla, injen, cobb, and several others. I want the loudest one. I already decided on the whoosh catless downpipe. Someone help me out with what exhaust to order???

Erick_V

If loud is all you're going for I can personally tell you that a Catless DP and MBRP is probably the loudest setup you can get, its also the cheapest if I'm not mistaken. However, it drones pretty bad above 70. If you were closer (I'm in South TX) I'd give you a good deal on mine as I'm planning on replacing my MBRP this year.

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
If loud is all you're going for I can personally tell you that a Catless DP and MBRP is probably the loudest setup you can get, its also the cheapest if I'm not mistaken. However, it drones pretty bad above 70. If you were closer (I'm in South TX) I'd give you a good deal on mine as I'm planning on replacing my MBRP this year.
Thank you so much. I hear alot of people mention the drone on those. Tbh I honestly dont even know what drone sounds like as ive had no experience with it. Is it actually that annoying??

Erick_V

Thank you so much. I hear alot of people mention the drone on those. Tbh I honestly dont even know what drone sounds like as ive had no experience with it. Is it actually that annoying??
It depends on what you're willing to tolerate, it doesn't bother me too much unless I'm driving for more than an hour. Drone is like going to a concert and standing next to the bass speaker, you feel the sound waves in your head and body lol. The MBRP setup isn't concert level bad but it sends a lot of resonance through the cabin and it can give you a headache after a while. They didn't spend too much time developing the exhaust and it shows.

Personally I would spend the extra coin and get the Thermal or wait a little while and see what Ron (Whoosh) puts out. That's my plan at least. I don't mind loud cars but it's hard to talk to people sometimes driving around town and I want to travel more this year which will require more seat time.

SrsBsns

I got my FiST with the MBRP and for the first year, I didn't mind the drone that much, even with driving up from San Diego to LA pretty often. It's loud at 80, but if you have your music up, it's not that big of a deal.

However, I've been listening to more audio books/pod casts on my drives and the drone is getting more and more annoying to me.

I'm most likely going to ditch my MBRP and either go back to stock or look for a Thermal. I just want to find someone in the area that can give me a ride with the Thermal so I know what to expect.

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
I got my FiST with the MBRP and for the first year, I didn't mind the drone that much, even with driving up from San Diego to LA pretty often. It's loud at 80, but if you have your music up, it's not that big of a deal.

However, I've been listening to more audio books/pod casts on my drives and the drone is getting more and more annoying to me.

I'm most likely going to ditch my MBRP and either go back to stock or look for a Thermal. I just want to find someone in the area that can give me a ride with the Thermal so I know what to expect.
Hey thanks alot for the tip. Im deciding now between the MBRP, Thermal, and Borla. Im kinda liking how the borla sounds based on the youtube video i just watched

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The MBRB is the most regretted exhaust.
I have a fswerks exhaust definitely worth looking at but not the loudest.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
DON'T....YOU WILL GET TIRED OF IT. Then you're stuck with a loud Droney exhaust that will be hard to sell to someone else when you tire of it. Just get a Thermal.....or CP-E. But then again....Do as you wish....if that's what you want. Don't say we didn't warn ya!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Erick_V

DON'T....YOU WILL GET TIRED OF IT. Then your stuck with a loud Droney exhaust that will be hard to sell to someone else when you tire of it. Just get a Thermal.....or CP-E. But then again....Do as you wish....if that's what you want. Don't say we didn't warn ya!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Lol I probably won’t even try to sell it, I may just scrap it or throw it on Fb marketplace for stupid cheap just to get rid of it. Someone above said most regretted exhaust and I couldn’t agree more

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Lol I probably won’t even try to sell it, I may just scrap it or throw it on Fb marketplace for stupid cheap just to get rid of it. Someone above said most regretted exhaust and I couldn’t agree more
I just sold my stock exhaust system to someone they picked up a used ST that had this regretted exhaust system on it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I think we are getting warm on the Whoosh exhaust system. I am waiting to see what he comes up with. This is a shop thats always been a good listener and been very responsive to the community. I would be really surprised if its not right about what most of us want.

MBRP seems like the loudest/most annoying in the videos I have seen. Scorpion seems loud as well.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Get the cp-e with the res delete pipe. That way when your tired of the loud you can put the res on and quiet it down a bit. I swap back and forth sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brianmc27

Used MBRPs are a dime a dozen, no other exhaust comes close to the ownership turnover of that system.
Moreover, you never see anybody WTB stock exhaust except to replace the MBRP (or a hack custom job).