Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Loudest Exhaust????

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
and many others...The defense rests, your honor..loud exhaust only strokes the ego and stripes make you go faster. lol
it’s hard to find quiet exhausts that sound good. With the res delete, with the stereo off - I get crackles and the exhaust doesn’t drown out the turbo sounds so it’s my fav so far. Sound is such a big part of it - vw r32’s weren’t great cars... but that sound!

the mbrp sounded great when I was wearing my eargasm ear noise filters (fancy attenuated earplugs) but I’m well aware that it was obnoxious to others. Also, every.single.car on the road would always try to race ahead and cut me off when I was running the mbrp. When minivans and trucks are faster across an intersection than my FiST it got old. Stock with resonator delete? It hasn’t happened yet, other than Tesla’s pulling up on the far left and launching hard to cut over 3-4 lanes to the left to turn lol but they all do that to everyone.

Last edited:

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Milltek race non-resonated with the rear race muffler delete is full straight pipe
not sure how any exhaust could be "louder"
and you can select polished or Cerakoted tips haha
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...t-system-non-resonated-3-tip-styles-available
when that whoosh exhaust comes out you *know* I’m gonna have questions for sure. I think you said it’s 2.75” which should be awesome for clearing that stupid chassis brace lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
CPE race is loud AF
Even WITH the resonator (the 'street' version, which I have), it does get a bit louder over time than when new.

I like the sound for the most part, but yes, at times I am annoyed at the 'rortiness' or 'buzziness' in certain lower rev senarios.

Sorry Mitch (CP-E 'operative'), but IF the Thermal was around when I got your system, I would have gone for that instead, even though it has less of that WOT 'wail'.

slopoke

If you want the loudest exhaust. Cut the stock resonator and the muffler out and splice in two sections of stock diameter piping. The couplers are 2.25" and are $10.00 ea at Amazon and the pipe can be sourced at Jegs for $11.00 for a 4 foot section. Could be done for $62.00 plus shipping. Good luck and you might want to buy a box of ear plugs for you and your neighbors. Good luck.

index.jpg

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Even WITH the resonator (the 'street' version, which I have), it does get a bit louder over time than when new.

I like the sound for the most part, but yes, at times I am annoyed at the 'rortiness' or 'buzziness' in certain lower rev senarios.

Sorry Mitch (CP-E 'operative'), but IF the Thermal was around when I got your system, I would have gone for that instead, even though it has less of that WOT 'wail'.
if cp-e used a slightly quieter resonator/muffler *and* ever so slightly tweaked the dimensions of the helmholtz it would be awesome, but since the FiST is a “dead” platform it’s totally not worth their time to do.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
if cp-e used a slightly quieter resonator/muffler *and* ever so slightly tweaked the dimensions of the helmholtz it would be awesome, but since the FiST is a “dead” platform it’s totally not worth their time to do.
I have the new version of their resonator and it’s a tiny bit quieter according to my Apple Watch. The drone was still maddening.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I have the new version of their resonator and it’s a tiny bit quieter according to my Apple Watch. The drone was still maddening.
Do the old and new resonators look different? I bought mine used and would like to know witch one it was.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Yeah their helmholtz is too small to prevent the secondary resonance that makes your teeth buzz and your balls tingle.
They take some of the edge off, but not quite enough.

Magnaflow has a neat new exhaust for Fiat 124's with "Swappable" components for customization. One of the components looks like a bolt-in helmholtz chamber. I have emailed them a few times to buy just the chamber but they don't respond.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Yeah their helmholtz is too small to prevent the secondary resonance that makes your teeth buzz and your balls tingle.
They take some of the edge off, but not quite enough.

Magnaflow has a neat new exhaust for Fiat 124's with "Swappable" components for customization. One of the components looks like a bolt-in helmholtz chamber. I have emailed them a few times to buy just the chamber but they don't respond.
This thing?

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I do like the sound of the cp-e a lot. If there was no drone it would be perfect. From a lil bit of a distance I have been told it sounds higher end. Like that sound should not come out of a fiesta.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I do like the sound of the cp-e a lot. If there was no drone it would be perfect. From a lil bit of a distance I have been told it sounds higher end. Like that sound should not come out of a fiesta.

People have said that when they hear my Thermal idling. The words powerful is what I have been told.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you want the loudest exhaust. Cut the stock resonator and the muffler out and splice in two sections of stock diameter piping. The couplers are 2.25" and are $10.00 ea at Amazon and the pipe can be sourced at Jegs for $11.00 for a 4 foot section. Could be done for $62.00 plus shipping. Good luck and you might want to buy a box of ear plugs for you and your neighbors. Good luck.

View attachment 27792
As well as start saving for some big $$$ hearing aids (these insane companies are asking upwards of $7K PER EAR for these!!!) once you reach middle age, because you WILL be needing them! [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

I have been told that very same thing by many regarding the sound of the CP-E (including rally workers/enthusiasts at the events). [wink] [thumb]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It has been mentioned to me by Mitch at CP-E that they might come up with a new rear section for their Nexus system to replace that awkward branched Helmholtz chamber with possibly a Helmholtz contained in a rear muffler (like the Thermal), but yeah, I highly doubt that now that our cars are no longer for this land. [:(]

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I have the Thermal 3" exhaust with Whoosh 3" catless DP. My friend have the MBRP with whoosh catless DP and his is much louder but it sounds like a tractor so I don't care for it.

I have the Thermal 3" exhaust with Whoosh 3" catless DP. My friend have the MBRP with whoosh catless DP and his is much louder but it sounds like a tractor so I don't care for it.
How do you like your setup? Thermal CBE with Whoosh catless DP.