Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lower control arm bolt size

I’m attempting to install the whoosh 2 point trac bar. I ordered the replacement LCA stretch bolts off of Ford parts. I don’t think they are the right size.

The ones I ordered are 15mm and the stock ones on the car are 18mm.

Does anyone have a part number for these?

Here’s a pic of the ones I ordered
The bag came with 4 bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #2
Also. How the hell do you get the stock bolts off. I know they have locktite on them, but damn.

My cordless impact won’t budge them

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Use a corded impact. It makes a huge difference. The ones I order from whoosh are always 18mm bolts. Not sure how yours are 15mm. Have you tried contacting ford about this?

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

I had the exact same issue with the bolts I ordered. The location on the parts diagram was correct but the bolts I received were too small. I should have just bought them from Ron @ whoosh https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...fiesta-st-ford-oem-control-arm-bolts-set-of-2
They might cost a little more but I never mind giving Ron my business
Mine were tight but I used a breaker bar and they did come right out. I just re-used them.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I’m attempting to install the whoosh 2 point trac bar. I ordered the replacement LCA stretch bolts off of Ford parts. I don’t think they are the right size.

Yeah just checked the entire parts list for the subframe. You ordered the correct bolt this must be a discrepancy cuz it's not right. Return these and contact ron. He sells the correct bolts.

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #6
Yeah just checked the entire parts list for the subframe. You ordered the correct bolt this must be a discrepancy cuz it's not right. Return these and contact ron. He sells the correct bolts.

Thanks!! I had them on order from Ron for over a month. Damn covid messing up everything. I guess I’ll place an order with him again

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thanks!! I had them on order from Ron for over a month. Damn covid messing up everything. I guess I’ll place an order with him again

These parts are quickly going on backorder nationwide unfortunately and I think it's a mixture of plants losing staff cuz of covid, shipping problems and ford discontinuing the fiesta st. If you look on their site a lot of stuff is on backorder. Hope you figure this out though man. Also, check eBay. A lot of parts are held by dealers. Also another place is tasca but I'd shoot Ron and email and grab that part number from him and use that part number to search Google if it's different then the one on your bag. Just my 2 cents

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Were these Bolts the Rear most Lower control arm Bolts? as those are a 15mm*