Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAP E-30 and 91 Cali tune review

OP
R

RobK

Thread Starter #21
I won't try to make up any potential numbers but it is a pretty big gain over 91 especially over the OTS tune. And yes it is an Ethanol blend, 30% Ethanol.

maperformance

Adam what is the E-30 tune, is that Ethanol?

Running just your CA 91 tune what type of power can a FiST make?
It is 3/4 tank standard pump (91 or 93) and then 1/4 tank of E85. 91 octane can make the same power numbers as 93 essentially because you are turbo limited and not octane limited at that point. I'm running damn near the same tune for 91 cars as I am 93 cars.

It is 3/4 tank standard pump (91 or 93) and then 1/4 tank of E85. 91 octane can make the same power numbers as 93 essentially because you are turbo limited and not octane limited at that point. I'm running damn near the same tune for 91 cars as I am 93 cars.
Thanks, what can one expect for just a 91 tune with no downpipe? After the turbo the cat takes the most power hence why the downpipe is such a big mod I am assuming.

maperformance

Thanks, what can one expect for just a 91 tune with no downpipe? After the turbo the cat takes the most power hence why the downpipe is such a big mod I am assuming.
91 tune would produce the same numbers at 93 in my opinion as the car is not octane limited it is turbo limited. You can check out our blog here : http://goo.gl/yagfKf Lot's of results/testing posted there!

I would go tune/intercooler/intake/catch can/downpipe/exhaust in order of upgrades.

Thanks. I have not seen any 93 tune only results which is why I am asking. I believe I am going tune first then maybe catback and intake. Downpipe is not legal in ca where big fines can be levied on any shop changing out non oem cats. I also dont want to pull my front clip but may if I get into tracking events.

maperformance

Thanks. I have not seen any 93 tune only results which is why I am asking. I believe I am going tune first then maybe catback and intake. Downpipe is not legal in ca where big fines can be levied on any shop changing out non oem cats. I also dont want to pull my front clip but may if I get into tracking events.
http://goo.gl/Vh55e6

Above is a link to a blog post from my tuning results on a bone stock Fiesta.

maperformance

Any idea on when this will be ready to purchase?
I'm finalizing testing tomorrow on the catted, then doing an uncatted version. Once those are tested and results are had they will be ready for order. I say, 1-2 weeks to place an order and about 3-4 weeks for delivery. I like to overshoot just in case. I have to cut all the flanges here in house on our CNC machine so that will take the most time.

I'm finalizing testing tomorrow on the catted, then doing an uncatted version. Once those are tested and results are had they will be ready for order. I say, 1-2 weeks to place an order and about 3-4 weeks for delivery. I like to overshoot just in case. I have to cut all the flanges here in house on our CNC machine so that will take the most time.
Awesome. Any idea of a price point for them yet?

maperformance

Thanks. There is power to be gained but does not increase peak power. Torque on the other hand=)
Exactly, the turbo can't make more boost where it makes peak power so it won't increase power unless you increase efficiency. Intercooler, Intake, Exhaust. Those will add to the peak power for sure. We already gained 10-11hp with our intake during testing.

I recently finished with my CA e-tunes with Adam and just wanted to post a quick review.

I've ran a few tunes before, OTS Stage 1(Oct '13), Randy's Bespoke(Aug '14) and OTS Stage 3(Feb '15) but I was looking to get more power out of my current setup. I ended up deciding on getting the lifetime tune with Adam@MAPerformance.

Shot him an email, paid, shot him a couple of current logs and we were off and rolling. That was on July 28th. By August 4th, I was on my 8th and final 91 revision! Loved this tune. More power everywhere. Before we started I wasn't sure if I would see much of a jump from the OTS but I'm sure now :) I also had an e30 tune done all I can say is I really LOVE e30! The car really moves now! Big difference from the 91 octane and Stage 3 tunes. Worlds apart from the Randy's Bespoke tune and Stage 1.

Just so everyone knows, Adam is awesome to work with. He was patient and seems to really be into his work. I don't know if I just got lucky, but a lot of the times I sent a log in I got a new revision in an hour or two. Customer service and results wise, I couldn't be happier. I owe Adam a beer(s)!

OP
R
Thread Starter #36
I recently finished with my CA e-tunes with Adam and just wanted to post a quick review.

I've ran a few tunes before, OTS Stage 1(Oct '13), Randy's Bespoke(Aug '14) and OTS Stage 3(Feb '15) but I was looking to get more power out of my current setup. I ended up deciding on getting the lifetime tune with Adam@MAPerformance.

Shot him an email, paid, shot him a couple of current logs and we were off and rolling. That was on July 28th. By August 4th, I was on my 8th and final 91 revision! Loved this tune. More power everywhere. Before we started I wasn't sure if I would see much of a jump from the OTS but I'm sure now :) I also had an e30 tune done all I can say is I really LOVE e30! The car really moves now! Big difference from the 91 octane and Stage 3 tunes. Worlds apart from the Randy's Bespoke tune and Stage 1.

Just so everyone knows, Adam is awesome to work with. He was patient and seems to really be into his work. I don't know if I just got lucky, but a lot of the times I sent a log in I got a new revision in an hour or two. Customer service and results wise, I couldn't be happier. I owe Adam a beer(s)!
I'm still very happy with my tune, once you run the E-30 it's hard to go back to 91 !

That is awesome to hear. I am E30 tuned as well, I am kind of not looking forward to going back to my 93 tune which I couldn't get enough of before I got E30 tuned. What boost are you guys running on your E30 tunes??! To bad Adam wasn't around when I got my E30 tune, I would of went with his! [MENTION=2687]RobK[/MENTION] [MENTION=88]golfhack[/MENTION] [MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION]

I am currently in the process of tuning with Adam with my GTX 2863 turbo'd fiST. I am no stranger to the e-tune process and had multiple octane tunes on the stock turbo with another vendor. When I went BT I contacted the previous tuner and began the process with him. After close to 10 weeks of very very slow response with revisions and less than expected results I just walked away and hired Adam. I knew right away I made the right choice! Adam is quite knowledgeable, pleasant to deal with, ready to explain anything in the process, willing to put in the time to take your car to it's full performance potential, and best of all very quick to respond with analysis and revisions to the maps he sends out. There have been days that I received and logged on more than one revision. I am confident that any of you guys that need e-tuning will have a similar experience with Adam and I look forward to what I know will be great results on my car.

-Eric aka flurry :)

That is awesome to hear. I am E30 tuned as well, I am kind of not looking forward to going back to my 93 tune which I couldn't get enough of before I got E30 tuned. What boost are you guys running on your E30 tunes??! To bad Adam wasn't around when I got my E30 tune, I would of went with his! [MENTION=2687]RobK[/MENTION] [MENTION=88]golfhack[/MENTION] [MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION]
http://datazap.me/u/roe/e30v4?log=0&data=5-8-24-25-26-27-28

I've hit 27 but this log is more of the norm.