Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mbrp catback owners!

Hey guys mines getting here tomorrow and was wondering how likely it is that I’m gonna need to buy new studs , 2014 fiesta st , I see everyone just spraying pb blaster and being good to go, but saw a thread of a guy saying that his were trashed… but also on a scale how loud will my car be now

Last edited:
are you talking about the cat to exhaust studs? Yea, mine were pretty rusted/screwed up, and my car was only at 40k when I did the exhaust. I'd get some just to be safe

The threads were ok but yes the bolts themselves were pretty bad and soft. Some exhausts come with new. My MBRP did not I dont recall. And it is much louder with some drone at different gears and RPM's.

SrsBsns

I really like my MBRP 90% of the time. Around town and when driving hard, it's great. The only time I don't like it is when I'm just cruising at 70-90, right in that 2.5-4k rpm range, especially under a slight load. It drones pretty hard.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I just bought a Vibrant resonator to install and see how it changes the noise.
Due to the 106.67hz frequency of the drone, that's a 12.5 foot sine wave I think - so the resonator would have to be 12.5 feet long to actually help with the drone. What the vibrant resonator is going to do is filter out high frequencies, which tends to exacerbate the drone on the mbrp. There's a post here on the forum about all the work I put into identifying and mitigating mbrp drone, the end product cost a little more than an thermal exhaust system and wasn't even stainless steel. I had fun though ;)