Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I'm thinking of throwing a set of 16x7 Rota Grids on the Fist, but I'm not really liking the 205/50's that people seem to be using.
Anyone have a 215/45-16 tire installed on a 16" wheel?

I guess I just figured that a wider print (215 or 225) would have been nice, since I'm swapping tires anyway.
I'll look into those though.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I guess I just figured that a wider print (215 or 225) would have been nice, since I'm swapping tires anyway.
I think there have been others running that on 16s with no problems. In any case, you should be ok with no rubbing since a 205/45 (Indy 500) works on stock with no rubbing.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of options in that size though...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm thinking of throwing a set of 16x7 Rota Grids on the Fist, but I'm not really liking the 205/50's that people seem to be using.
Anyone have a 215/45-16 tire installed on a 16" wheel?
That is the size I was going to use if I bought the 16x7 1.2s instead of the 17x8s I did end up buying.

I wanted it more for the overall height than the tread width (but that as well ;) ), since I did not like the big fender gap (on factory suspension, since they are .2" shorter than the already big gap factory Potenzas) with the 'standard' 205/45-16s everyone seems to put on the 16x7s.

Waterfan

205/45-16 BFG SC2 are basically as wide as a normal 215. Just fatter than square on 16x7 (I run these)

However, the hot tip for 16x7 this year is the new Firehawk Indy 500* (if you're like me and don't want to pay double for the best-in-class RE71). I'm <1k away from replacing my BFG SC2 with Indy's

*currently running a rebate through early July, I believe

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
225/45-17? Unlikely as these are more than 1.5" inches (25") taller than stock diameter (23.4")
Agreed, as I would not even chance trying these, even on factory suspension.

Now if someone made a decent, 200 tread wear or above 225/40-17 (instead of ONLY pure road race slicks @ 00-50 tread wear), they would be on my 17x8 1.2s as we speak regardless of not being 'square' with the wheel width! ;)

Agreed, as I would not even chance trying these, even on factory suspension.

Now if someone made a decent, 200 tread wear or above 225/40-17 (instead of ONLY pure road race slicks @ 00-50 tread wear), they would be on my 17x8 1.2s as we speak regardless of not being 'square' with the wheel width! ;)
why? you think it would rub too much?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Just keep in mind that you are right at the threshold. Might work with the narrower tires but the wider tires may still rub.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

what is the widest tire you guys think you could run with stock suspension

You cant really go alot wider than 215 but it depends on the tire and the overall height of it. That 225/45/17 is 1.5 inches taller than stock its def gonna rub. Were basically stuck with 195-215 based on the tire and 225. With the right tire and wheel etc. Look at the tires actual specs they vary greatly this has been beat to death lol. Youre better off going with a nice 195-215 on a wider wheel that will make that tire wider and work better than if it were on a narrower wheel just my .02 lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yes, I wish we could lobby the tire manufacturers to produce a decent tread width, 225/40-17, but then maybe I am the only one on the planet who wants that size. [dunno]

I wonder WHY Hoosier even makes it in their full race tires if no one wants it? [???:)]

LILIKE16ST

^^^Yes, I wish we could lobby the tire manufacturers to produce a decent tread width, 225/40-17, but then maybe I am the only one on the planet who wants that size. [dunno]

I wonder WHY Hoosier even makes it in their full race tires if no one wants it? [???:)]
It is a shame that they don't make that size more. Just like I wish they made 215/50/15 but they don't. That would be a sweet size to run on a 15x8 and it's nearly identical OD as stock. It's a darn shame. They do make 225/45 but it's only a couple of tires in that size and they make like one all season in 225/50 which is another size I'd consider. 215/50 would be best unfortunately nobody makes that size it's a shame.

LILIKE16ST

I'm going to get 205/50/15 either the continental extreme contact sport or the dunlop star spec both are really well reviewed both are only 19 lbs and neither is terribly expensive it's a matter of weather or not I want extreme performance or max performance. It's a choice I have to make on weather or not I can live with a extreme performance on my daily. I know a lot of people do it and I can too but I put over 20k a year on my car so I would be changing my tires once a year with the star specs (not using them in winter obviously). I could get a little more life out of the continental but question is how much? They will last longer and are cheaper. That may be the better tire for me and my needs because I don't track the car it's just spirited backroad driving and daily commuting. The extreme contact sport may give me more than enough performace for what I use them for. My BFG SC2 perform great for my needs and I believe the continental would be as good or better on performance and tread wear while being 2 lbs lighter.

Anyone else wanna chime in? maybe someone who has used both...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just going by tread pattern (I don't know how the two compare compound-wise, even though they are the same exact tread wear rating), the Contis seem like they would be MUCH better in the dry than the SC2s (as do the also 340 tread wear rated, Indy 500s), and at least their equal in the wet.