Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone run 205/55/16 and have any issues? Found an almost new set of 4 falken eurowinter hs449 in that size for really cheap.

Business6

Anyone run 205/55/16 and have any issues? Found an almost new set of 4 falken eurowinter hs449 in that size for really cheap.
I rub in the rear on 205/50/16 Winterforce tires on RPF-1s (43mm offset) though I do carry some tools and my spare. Supposedly they're the same 24.1" diameter as the same size Firehawks but uh, no, definitely not.

I rub in the rear on 205/50/16 Winterforce tires on RPF-1s (43mm offset) though I do carry some tools and my spare. Supposedly they're the same 24.1" diameter as the same size Firehawks but uh, no, definitely not.
They would be going on a set of 16x6 52.5 offset.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I think I'll pass on the 205 55 16 winter tires. I just took my wheels off to check and it looks like they'll probably rub on the lower spring perches.
Yes, a 23.9" O.D. 205/55-15 most likely would not rub anywhere at factory ride height, but I cannot see something a full 1.0" TALLER than that not rubbing in multiple spots, under many conditions. [:(]

Erick_V

215/45R16 Azenis on 16x8 Dekagrams. Lowered on Swift springs and Bilstein B8's.
How do you feel about the RS-Pro's vs the 615k+'s? I'm looking at making the same switch as you just did and the two are similarly priced. It'll be my street tire/autocross tire. I have inspection in February and I'm not sure if I'll pass with the 4-5/32nd RS Pro's lol

Edit: Not looking to win tire class, just to daily on and have fun at autocross. Winning is a plus

dhminer

2000 Post Club
How do you feel about the RS-Pro's vs the 615k+'s? I'm looking at making the same switch as you just did and the two are similarly priced. It'll be my street tire/autocross tire. I have inspection in February and I'm not sure if I'll pass with the 4-5/32nd RS Pro's lol

Edit: Not looking to win tire class, just to daily on and have fun at autocross. Winning is a plus
Can't speak to the RS-Pro's but I absolutely love the 615k+

kevinatfms

RS-Pros were certainly stickier than the 615k+. The biggest issue i have is running them on track with an 8" wheel. While they are super responsive the outer edge and sidewall of the tire takes WAY too much abuse for my liking. Hitting curbs and watching the curbing wear down below the lettering on the sidewall was a bit scary. Adding more camber would likely help but i chose to just go with the wider section width 215 size Azenis.

This was my first event though and i did not get them heat cycled when i ordered them. So fresh out of the mold(28th week of 2020!!!) Azenis need way more than a few trackcross runs to scrub off some of the mold compound before they get anywhere close to the mid-cycle RS-Pros. The biggest thing i gained going to a 215 is the lack of sidewall abuse on the curbing at Summit Point. The grip will come after a few more cycles and i am crossing my fingers are equal to the RS-Pro.

Another you could check out is the Nankang NS2R. Phils Tire Service has them in stock now in 215/45R16. They are a bit more expensive than the 615K+ but are a newer compound 200tw and are probably equal to the grip level of the RS-Pro. Rivals are out there too in 215/45 if you wanna spend the big bucks for top tier tires.

TLDR: Section width will help square the tire off in a 215 vs a 205 tire on an 8" wheel. The RS-Pro has more grip than fresh out of the mold 615K+ tires. Waiting to get more miles on the 615k+ before i condemn them as behind the RS-Pro.

Erick_V

Another you could check out is the Nankang NS2R. Phils Tire Service has them in stock now in 215/45R16. They are a bit more expensive than the 615K+ but are a newer compound 200tw and are probably equal to the grip level of the RS-Pro. Rivals are out there too in 215/45 if you wanna spend the big bucks for top tier tires.
Interesting. I may have to check out the NS2R, I figured it may be too aggressive for what I want. As long as tires last me at least 8 months I'm ok with the wear lol. Thank you for your input!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF the NS2R was available in that (215/45-16) size when I bought the 225/45-16 (Yok) A052s, I would have gone with those for my pure summer use setup. [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
picked up a new set of wheels...
15x8 RPF1 with 205/50 azenis tires
View attachment 37016
What ET are those??

I actually LIKE the way those look, WAY better than the convex spoke profile 16x7 or 16x8 versions. [twothumb]

(And yeah, I know that they require the whole hub drilling, 4x100 conversion thing. [:(])

Last edited:
What ET are those??

I actually LIKE the way those look, WAY better than the convex spoke profile 16x7 or 16x8 versions. [twothumb]

(And yeah, I know that they require the whole hub drilling, 4x100 conversion thing. [:(])
15x8 +28 versions. and yes the concave spokes are much much better! the main reason I picked these up was because of the face. wouldve preferred silver ones but couldnt pass this up

4x108? Need!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I run PCD adapters, since I'm running flares I have some extra room and all the cool wheels can be had in 4x100 (which these are, as well as all my other japanese wheels ive acquired lately )
2.jpg