Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Meth install jet location

so I just finished my meth install yesterday and wondered where people with more experience with meth would put the jet. my first time running meth so its all new to me.
I put mine downstream from the air temp sensor. would like some comments if you think somewhere else would be better
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Looks good man. I know you can't datalog intake temps, ( can you? ). But let us know how its working if you can.

So I know nothing about meth injection but why doesn't this cause the motor to go lean?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
You might end up moving the pump under the car and shielding it as they can be pretty loud but you can make a cover lined with acoustical foam that would help and have it mounted to something besides the body(which it looks like you have done) as even with rubber mounts it can resonate more than it might seem.

As for the jet, SS has talked about multiple jets, one per cyl or pairs in the intake manifold to help with keeping the valves clean and one at the turbo.

OP
ian.j
Thread Starter #5
The pump is quiet. Cant even hear it running. Its mounted to some 9mm ply bonded to the floor. Did not want to drill the body. As far as i have found out it needs to be before the air temp sensor so the ecu can advance the timing for the lower temps and the lambda sensor should correct the higher octane

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Cool on the noise, does the pump have manf info on it? I would be quite pleased to see that to compare to some pumps I have on hand as I might have to add a wmi system.

I have not had one since 2003 and the pump was quite loud as the pumps for my very pure water system in my trailer, so noisy I am swapping out to a UV system for final purification.

OP
ian.j
Thread Starter #7
Its AEM's pump which has an internal bypass valve thats all i know. At first my plan was to use the screenwash bottle and mount the Pump under the hood but space is limited under there

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The AEM pump was made for them by somebody like Aquajet or Surflow, I am going to search to see who made them and if I can find the part number.

It seems the pumps have to be spefically ordered to use methanol with them, I am still digging in a bit.

Thanks
Rick