Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MFactory Helical LSD

What mods? I got 210/300 SAE corrected on Dizzy e30, just a few mild mods... But I think an LSD is just as important for traction as RMM and upper motor mounts for any car that is even normal tuned and you care about traction at all. Sure, the Cobb TC dialed in definitely helps but still...
2J intake, Whoosh V1 intercooler, E30, 3" DP and 3" Thermal exhaust, 1 step colder plugs

danbfree

3000 Post Club
did the lsd work to combat some of the torque steer just wondering how it felt in that department.
I'm sure it helps a LOT, but a lot of people overlook using upper motor mount inserts too, they REALLY helped a lot with torque steer, even more than a traction bar did.

Hello people, I have a question regarding this Diff. Mine was installed 2 weeks ago in conjunction with Syncrotech Syncros, but at the first moment I drove the car it sounds weird, like some kind of clicking that I knew it is not normal because same shop installed another Mfactory Diff to another car a week before mine an that one did not make any sound at all. I have this video, but I woulk like to know if someone knows what is wrong? by the way I am located in Colombia, therefore send this diff back to USA for warranty will cost the same as a new one. Thanks in advance for any advice

Attachments

Sounds like the scroll gears meshing to me, unlike the sun gears they're not sprung by washers.

Have a listen how Quaife sounds after assembly... I imagine there could be some variation from unit to unit. For example my Quaife sometimes clicks on torque reversal and hasn't blown up yet in 2 years, whereas others reported theirs to be totally silent.

View: https://youtu.be/_f_gBApgPZs?t=80

Last edited:
Since warranty is not an issue, open that sucker up and peek inside.
I have reached out Mfcatory for warranty, because I already paid 2.000 dollars for the diff, installation kit, international shipping and installation itself, therefore I need to be sure of what is going on with this thing. I am not a huge fan of losing that amount of money. I will comment about what they say of this

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Gotcha. I've been through their warranty before. Describe how/when it failed and how you usually use the car. Ship it to the guy, he opens it up, confirms everything then he talks to Mfactory themselves, they send the parts to him, he fixes it and ships it back. Shipping both ways at your cost.