Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto direct fit FMIC installed (Terrible pics, but pics none the less!)

Hello!

So after I uploaded the images, I considered not even making this post because I didn't realize they came out so blurry and terrible... But none the less, I figure I would post it anyway and share my experience with everyone. Overall the install was pretty straight forward. The only issue I ran into was trying to get the two 8mm bolts that hold the intercooler near the grommets back in. I attribute this to doing the install by myself and not having someone else to help hold the opposite end of the intercooler in place. Regardless, I finally got everything together and aside from that one portion of the install, everything else went as planned. Total install time from start to finish was about two and a half to three hours for me, but I'm not much of a mechanic lol. Anyway, here are some of the (blurry) pics I took lol.

Headlights and bumper removed. Stock FMIC still in place.

Comparison pic.

Comparison pic 2.

Comparison pic 3.

Mishimoto mounted.

Same as above, slightly different view and fat finger on left lol.

One more of the Mishimoto mounted up.

Edit:

Better morning time photo.

One more.

Took the car out for a test drive to make sure everything was tightened down correctly and didn't hear or see anything out of the ordinary. Sadly since I don't have an accessport, I can't give any before and after logs for temps. Either way I will say the Mishimoto piece is nice, and I have no doubt that it will be a nice upgrade vs the stock intercooler. Let me know if you guys have any questions! :)

-Matt

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
How is this performing for you? What are your charge temps like over ambient?
Wish I could tell you, but I'm not tuned so I can't utilize an Accessport to check. I've been considering picking up a Kiwi v3 to use for recording but haven't done so yet. I've no doubt given the construction and that it performs better than the stock IC, but I'm planning on sticking to stock boost levels on the stock turbo, so my needs aren't very high to begin with.

-Matt