Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto OCC Arrived!

mishimoto1

No Penguin, wrong can (?), missing washer, no decal. Not happening (at least today).
Very sorry for this mix up! PMed you in order to get this resolved, please let me know if you need any additional assistance and I will handle it personally.
Thank you!
-Sara

Installed mine yesterday. Simple and neat. Love the quality of whole kit. Draining will be tough but its very simple to remove the OCC completely and empty it out - 2 bolts and 2 quick release connectors. Thanks Sara!

What else is in the pipeline? I want that FMIC asap :)

I got a wrong can too, also no engine mount hardware but the video says you can reuse the stock nut and bolt so it's ok I guess.

OP
C
Thread Starter #26
Installed it last night. Looks awesome installed and super clean! Props to Sara and the Mishimoto team for an awesome product and being responsive! New product launches are not easy. Hopefully other users can get their orders fixed quickly.

Took less than an hour to install. All the problems I had during install were not related to OCC/Mishimoto design, but a failing of myself (torque wrench busted, difficulty removing the tie holding the OEM hose, bike repair tools to secure the OCC to the bracket). The only concern I have is that the hose running to the inlet hits the side of a bracket (see below). Going to keep an eye on this long term, but I'm assuming it's not going to be an issue.

It's definitely near impossible to get your hand in the right position to apply enough torque to remove the bottom of the OCC. I didn't attempt to loosen since the engine bay was still a bit warm at the time of install. I don't know if I would suggest the drain kit because the belt is right next to where it drops down. Removal of the entire system shouldn't be too bad though because of the QD connections supplied (awwesssoommee). I've never had an OCC before, but to me this is definitely a super clean install because of the included hoses.

If you're like me and worry too much about your own ability to install, it should be easy to put the OEM hose in temporarily and leave the OCC in place as a temporary solution.

Hi there,
As for the orientation on the hoses, this was an intentional design that should look a bit better once installed on your Fiesta.
-Sara
AGREED! (Though I still think it would look a little better if they ran the same direction relative to the hose [tongue])

Everyone likes pictures, so here's a dump with some before/after

Stock engine bay:

Space where the OCC sits:

OCC Bracket mounting location (without nuts, mine came off and left the stud in place):

Out of focus OEM hose:

Port to the OCC inlet:

Port to the OCC outlet:

I had to remove this wire (looks like it goes to a motor of sorts, anyone know what it is?). Make sure to reinstall it when it all goes back togeter:

Installed:

OCC installed with my hand to show how tight it is:

Close up of hose hitting a bracket of some sort:

Installed with cover replaced:

Fancy pictures (showing Sara's point):

Chris G

So how the hell do you get the OEM connectors off? Tried for about 5 minutes and gave up.

OP
C
Thread Starter #29
You're supposed to squeeze on the ring and pull back while squeezing.

The squeezing lifts up the latching tabs so that the hose can come off. I can post some pictures later

KKaWing

Try a flat head screwdriver right on the "hooks", basically 90* from where you squeeze. If you don't' squeeze it right, the hooks don't go out far enough. Gently use the flat head to pry out the hooks.

Chris G

Try a flat head screwdriver right on the "hooks", basically 90* from where you squeeze. If you don't' squeeze it right, the hooks don't go out far enough. Gently use the flat head to pry out the hooks.
That did the trick. I must've had a stubborn clip. Either way, the can is in. Looks good!

mishimoto1

No worries Sara. The quality looks to be superb and I was planning to add your drain kit anyway.
Awesome, let me know if you need anything else!

Installed mine yesterday. Simple and neat. Love the quality of whole kit. Draining will be tough but its very simple to remove the OCC completely and empty it out - 2 bolts and 2 quick release connectors. Thanks Sara!

What else is in the pipeline? I want that FMIC asap :)
Thanks for the kind words! We have our intercooler R&D thread up HERE, check it out!

Installed it last night. Looks awesome installed and super clean! Props to Sara and the Mishimoto team for an awesome product and being responsive! New product launches are not easy. Hopefully other users can get their orders fixed quickly.

Took less than an hour to install. All the problems I had during install were not related to OCC/Mishimoto design, but a failing of myself (torque wrench busted, difficulty removing the tie holding the OEM hose, bike repair tools to secure the OCC to the bracket). The only concern I have is that the hose running to the inlet hits the side of a bracket (see below). Going to keep an eye on this long term, but I'm assuming it's not going to be an issue.

It's definitely near impossible to get your hand in the right position to apply enough torque to remove the bottom of the OCC. I didn't attempt to loosen since the engine bay was still a bit warm at the time of install. I don't know if I would suggest the drain kit because the belt is right next to where it drops down. Removal of the entire system shouldn't be too bad though because of the QD connections supplied (awwesssoommee). I've never had an OCC before, but to me this is definitely a super clean install because of the included hoses.

If you're like me and worry too much about your own ability to install, it should be easy to put the OEM hose in temporarily and leave the OCC in place as a temporary solution.

AGREED! (Though I still think it would look a little better if they ran the same direction relative to the hose [tongue])

Everyone likes pictures, so here's a dump with some before/after
Thank you for the kind words! Love the install photos!
-Sara

Sara Thank You for your help I got the lid today; great customer service! Arlo the Great Dane pup snatched the penguin though, but you made him a happy pup.

My OCC shipped a week ago and still hasn't arrived because UPS can't get their $#% together. Long story short, I drove to their depot since I can't sit around at home from 8 to 5 to wait for delivery. Got to the depot to find out its still on a UPS truck for delivery even though I had phoned and requested them to leave it at the depot. So I gave up on that and supplied my relatives address since they are home during the day. UPS was told to change the delivery address. Twice now they attempted to deliver to my house even though I changed the destination... Both times another notice left on my door. To add insult they are charging a $12 processing fee on top of shipping.
Mishimoto, please offer other shipping options besides UPS. I will never use UPS again.

Installed, but kit was also missing a worm clamp, so minus that. Mine also has the star graphic on the lid that looks like a Tula Armament Works die mark on a Kalashnikov, but I think it is an energy drink logo. Would have like to seen 3 bolts holding can to the bracket. May upgrade the 2 button screws with either stainless or titanium just to prevent the corrosion inside the Allan head that might cause it to strip years down the road when you want to remove it cleaning. Even if the thought process is wrong; for $2 you can boast your car contains titanium components.

mishimoto1

Sara Thank You for your help I got the lid today; great customer service! Arlo the Great Dane pup snatched the penguin though, but you made him a happy pup.

HAHA Oh no!

My OCC shipped a week ago and still hasn't arrived because UPS can't get their $#% together. Long story short, I drove to their depot since I can't sit around at home from 8 to 5 to wait for delivery. Got to the depot to find out its still on a UPS truck for delivery even though I had phoned and requested them to leave it at the depot. So I gave up on that and supplied my relatives address since they are home during the day. UPS was told to change the delivery address. Twice now they attempted to deliver to my house even though I changed the destination... Both times another notice left on my door. To add insult they are charging a $12 processing fee on top of shipping.
Mishimoto, please offer other shipping options besides UPS. I will never use UPS again.
Very sorry you experienced this with the shipping company. We will certainly look into additional options going forward.

Installed, but kit was also missing a worm clamp, so minus that. Mine also has the star graphic on the lid that looks like a Tula Armament Works die mark on a Kalashnikov, but I think it is an energy drink logo. Would have like to seen 3 bolts holding can to the bracket. May upgrade the 2 button screws with either stainless or titanium just to prevent the corrosion inside the Allan head that might cause it to strip years down the road when you want to remove it cleaning. Even if the thought process is wrong; for $2 you can boast your car contains titanium components.
Sincerest apologies that your kit arrived incomplete, sent you a PM in order to resolve this. Please let me know if I can be of additional assistance.
-Sara

I am able to unscrew the can in place. It's tight but it isn't impossible. Hardest part is comprehending the upside down lefty loosey...;) Putting it back together I just got it medium hand tight so removal will be easier.