Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Missed another milestone

Hit 130k last week on my 2017, car has been awesome, turbo has been upgraded for past 100k miles. Whoosh hybrid swapped for s280 recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit 130k last week on my 2017, car has been awesome, turbo has been upgraded for past 100k miles. Whoosh hybrid swapped for s280 recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mind explaining why you went 280 after having the whoosh hybrid? curious as i'm thinking of upgrading turbo but want to hear from people who had both.

mind explaining why you went 280 after having the whoosh hybrid? curious as i'm thinking of upgrading turbo but want to hear from people who had both.
After all the fun I’ve had with the car, I decided that since I’m on the highway much more, I might as well get a turbo that hauls ass to redline. Plus I’ll be honest, I enjoy the car more without worrying about the extra torque with the hybrid, the s280 is so smooth but powerful, I’m only on pump gas though. And I don’t have to worry about reliability as much with a new turbo, granted I had 0 problems myself with the hybrid, but with the hybrid being at maybe 90000 miles at the time of the swap, I felt more comfortable with a newer core turbo.

Also it sounds cool, it’s like a mini jet engine underneath when I’m going uphill creeping into boost haha!

After all the fun I’ve had with the car, I decided that since I’m on the highway much more, I might as well get a turbo that hauls ass to redline. Plus I’ll be honest, I enjoy the car more without worrying about the extra torque with the hybrid, the s280 is so smooth but powerful, I’m only on pump gas though. And I don’t have to worry about reliability as much with a new turbo, granted I had 0 problems myself with the hybrid, but with the hybrid being at maybe 90000 miles at the time of the swap, I felt more comfortable with a newer core turbo.

Also it sounds cool, it’s like a mini jet engine underneath when I’m going uphill creeping into boost haha!
really appreciate you guys responding even though there are a thousand posts already written. just found out about the jaguar injectors so knowing that and how 330whp is pretty realistic on e40 with an s280 and those injectors...oof.