Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dismissed by the dealer....not happy.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So today I made a appt. Here in Mn to get a clunking noise on my FiST checked out....I think it's the rear mount myself. Arrived at dealer...was greeted finally after standing in the lobby for 10 min....said what was wrong and the service writer went on a test drive and drove it down the block and back and said it was normal and that the notchy shifting was also normal considering It wasn't that way at the beginning when I bought it.All I can say is Who the f$&k is this guy? Is he a certified Tech....nope....how can he pass judgement after a block test drive. Really pissed me off for one...also said he had never driven one so how would he know? My Gf also said that was completely Rude of him and didn't even have a Tech look at it. I made this appt early in the morning and I work nights so I'm usually sleeping. All for Nothing.....Not happy after I just bought this car. Can somone in Mn point me to a worthwhile dealer who will take me seriously? If you Pm me I'll tell you who the dealer is so you don't go through the same thing.[thumb] and [bash]

FistSt215

Clunking noise might be the stock motor mount . I believe it's normal as I hear it on every shift normal or accelerating . I will eventually upgrade to Cobb mount eventually

^^ This for opened a recall for the FoST rear mount but not the FiST. So ya it's probably that clunk.

In MN I've heard good things about apple valley Ford. Autonation can be good depending on who you get.

I had a very similar experience with my dealer. They told me the notchy shifting "felt normal". I had them drive 2 other ST's on the lot (or so they told me they did...) and they said my car felt the same. BTW my notchy shifting started at 10K. Before that it was the smoothest transmission I had ever driven!

Nothing gold can stay. My dealer service experience was the catalyst for me to start modding. I realized they don't want to do the work unless a problem is GLARING. I hope to never go back to the dealer ever again (except for last weekend where I went to 4 to find god damn brake pads!)

P.S. does the clunking only happen on spirited driving with hard shifts? I didn't ever hear the clunk until my buddy was driving the ST and shifted it really hard. RMM will fix the problem.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
It happens when shifting normally....I think I'm just gonna buy the Cobb or mountune mount. If this is the way the dealer will treat me I'll return it just like they do in the discount tire commercials ...through the front fucking window of the dealership. I also agree it make me want to start modding but then there is the warranty thing that lingers.

Mine shifted better and had way less noises and clunks after installing a Cobb RMM. RMM was installed at approximatley 600miles. First thing i ordered. Worth the money.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I'd try the RMM. When I first got my car it felt as if the whole engine was rocking during shifts. Replaced stock with a Cobb. Much better experience. The stock mount is so soft you can actually move the rubber insert with your hand!

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
I will do that here coming up with the Rmm. It's not hard at all from what I've seen. Thanks guys for the help!

So today I made a appt. Here in Mn to get a clunking noise on my FiST checked out....I think it's the rear mount myself. Arrived at dealer...was greeted finally after standing in the lobby for 10 min....said what was wrong and the service writer went on a test drive and drove it down the block and back and said it was normal and that the notchy shifting was also normal considering It wasn't that way at the beginning when I bought it.All I can say is Who the f$&k is this guy? Is he a certified Tech....nope....how can he pass judgement after a block test drive. Really pissed me off for one...also said he had never driven one so how would he know? My Gf also said that was completely Rude of him and didn't even have a Tech look at it. I made this appt early in the morning and I work nights so I'm usually sleeping. All for Nothing.....Not happy after I just bought this car. Can somone in Mn point me to a worthwhile dealer who will take me seriously? If you Pm me I'll tell you who the dealer is so you don't go through the same thing.[thumb] and [bash]
Thanks for posting about your concern, TyphoonFiST. I'm able to document your service feedback, and make it available for your dealer to review, as well as look into the issue you're experiencing to see how I can help. To do so, all I'll need is for you to PM your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number.

[MENTION=582]FordService[/MENTION] Someone needs help here
Thanks for looping me in, CanadianGuy! :)

Nick

After reading everything on here, I had my Cobb RMM before my car came in. Installed it after 50 miles. Makes a huge difference.

A bit of info about dealership/warranty repair.....

Warranty repair is paid out at a lower rate by FoMoCo than the technician would normally get. This makes it hard to get anything looked at seriously because even before diving in, the tech or service writer in charge knows that they'll be paid out at a lower rate than even a brake job. This likely leads to the common (in my experience) "Thats a normal characteristic of the vehicle" response whenever dealing with something that the owner CLEARLY knows is not normal.

I've still yet to have anyone take my clicking/loud clutch seriously because of this.

Best of luck getting it figured out!

So I finally got the dealership to call me back and get the car in. I dropped it off last week on Friday, and just now get a call back today saying the shop foreman can't reproduce the noise and doesn't want to touch the vehicle. So now I have to go in and drive it with him to show him the noise. Anyone want to take bets on me being told "thats a characteristic of the vehicle" again?

This may well be my last Ford purchase. The last dealership I brought it into for this same issue (a year ago ish?) told me the same thing but didn't even put any reports in the system which is why I brought it to them in the first place. I wanted documentation showing that I've had a concern for a long time about this.

Sigh......

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Step #1 build a car with an unexceptable part. (In out case, the RMM ).
Step #2 do not offer a part that can replace it, while maintaining its not an issue.
Step#3 deny any and all warranty claims based on the fact the car has been modified in any way, IF the owner fixes it themselves.

My airbag light was on. All they had to do was reset the code on it. They refused to even plug the computer upto it because it has an upgraded factory fit intercooler.
My CV axle also broke because I had an intercooler.
The only think I got ford to actually replace on the entire car was the battery because.... Well... It was bad and the car wouldn't start, lol.

I specifically refused to buy and single little add on warranty in any shape or form when I bought the car
Because of this kind of thing. Everyone drives around feeling all warm inside with a "warranty in their back pocket", then, when you count on them to stand by the warranty/insurance they sold you.

But this isn't a ford problem... Its a new car problem. Its a warranty problem. All dealers do this crap.

All dealers and companies need to get their heads out of their ass's and start AT LEAST start working with people. Like... "Hey, we found your CV is bad,
But your car is modded. How about you pay the labor and warranty will pay for the part, otherwise, we can't do anything else for you.

Not asking for a new motor when someone puts 87oct in their E30 tuned car and it blows up, but maybe just a sign of good will like, "you buy a new engine and we will spilt the labor with you". Way to offer its more like, "hey, we found your motor is blown up after $680 worth of inspection, so pay us $6,100 to replace it on too of the $680 plus the cost of fluids, and it will be done in a week".

I personally replaced a turbo for a guy about 100 miles from my house. They charged him $365 in labor to find out the turbine shaft was completely broken due to his oil feedline popping off. Their offer? To sell him and new turbo and replace it at the cost of $2130.00, AND the $365 he already owed. So $2500.00 because his car had an aftermarket downpipe on it. The turbo had never been removed EVER. I replaced the turbo and did the labor for $800 total and I drove 100miles to do it. Just saying... Instead of taking advantage of someone like that, why not offer a middle ground. Make that person feel like they bent over backwards to get you fixed and back on the road with you BRAND NEW CAR !! Instead... After this car, he's likely not to buy another Ford again either.

I bought a Ford fiesta ST because Dodge was so crappy to me with my SRT4 that I couldn't even think of looking at a charger. Now ford has treated me the sameway.

It never ends.
Buy a car and just act like it doesn't have a warranty because, unless you buy a car that is 1000% perfect for you from the factory, it really doesn't have a warranty if you make it yours.

I hear ya. My car is BONE stock. I've never autocrossed, I've never "launched" it, and I don't beat on it other than spirited driving which is what it was designed for. My last vehicle lasted over 100K miles on the SAME clutch...I know how to drive them. There is no reason for it to be as weak as it is, and to be clicking, and then to be told its normal at 6K and then again at just over 18K miles.I hate that big companies can just get away with stuff like this.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Well, here's my service story.

Dropped car off at dealer around Labor Day (early September) for a loud whine in transmission.

They have my car for 2 weeks. I have to call them to say "hey what's going on" they say "oh yeah, come pick up your car. Our transmission tech went on vacation, won't be back for another 2 weeks." ...great.

They schedule me for first week of October. Told them I need a loaner car this time. They give me a mid 2000's Mercury, whatever.

Week later the Check engine light comes on the Mercury. I call to tell them so I am not liable, they say "was trying to find some time to call you, come pick up your car. Parts are on back order"

They tell me to drive the car until parts come in. I don't mind, I'd rather drive my car anyway. They ordered a whole transmission and a gear set. Told me whatever comes in first will get replaced. OK. Guess I'll have to wait.

A month + goes by, no update. Tried calling. Never got a call back from the service writer. Had no choice but to get ford service on the forum to help. Few days later I get a call saying parts arrived bring car in this upcoming Monday. About damn time.

I'm patient when it comes to parts on back order. I really didn't mind because my car is driveable, it just makes a really annoying whine while driving, which I've pretty much gotten used to. I just don't appreciate the lack of communication most of these dealers have. Can be really frustrating. Needless to say, this will be the last time I bring my car into the dealer for any warranty work. I purposely didn't buy any extra coverage or warranties because I knew that they screw you over like this. Glad I saved my money

I really don't like bringing my car into a shop at all. I did all but one of my oil changes on my old car. Cost me double the one time I did have it changed at a shop. Every time I had the car aligned I ended up with another scratch on the leather of the steering wheel. I managed to daily drive my car and never scratch the leather... And when I had to have the transmission replaced I went to a shop because I didn't have the time or tools to do it myself. They didn't notch the axle nut so it came undone and it started making all kinds of noise and I had to waste more time and money chasing down an issue. And before then I already didn't have much trust in shops to do the work, so now I really don't.

So unless my car has a major issue I'm not going to bother taking it in for any kind of work. I definitely didn't waste my money on an extended warranty.