Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Modest Build - Opinions, Thoughts, Ideas welcome

I'm looking at doing the following-

Engine:
-Tune of some sort
-Whoosh I/C
-GFB Bypass
-RMM
-Drop-in filter
-NGK 6510 @ 0.030"
-Catch can
-Radiator

Suspension:
-Springs
-Rear Sway
-2 pt traction bar
-summer brake pads

Drivetrain:
-Short throw
-Black hole cover
-Tranny mount insert
-Shifter bushings

Exhaust:
Stock - i don't want any extra attention - that's what i've got a weekend mustang for....unless there's an exhaust close to stock that's better flowing.

Interior:
Audio upgrades - door speakers, directional tweeters, sub in the back

My questions are:
-regarding the GFB DV+ - i've had a turbo car with b/off vented to atmosphere and enjoyed it. does the DV+ ever get annoying for anyone?
-are the NGKs or different plugs worth it with a tune?

As mentioned earlier- any opinions, thoughts, and ideas are welcome.

Last edited:

Se7eN

You have a very good list of things. The DV+ will recirculate unless you get the vent to atmosphere one. Those BOV close to the turbo do tend to get a little annoying with time cause they are loud. Recirculated would be very low noise.

NGKs are worth it and cheap for better performance and less knock.

Brianmc27

The only thing I’d add to this is the solid shifter base and trans mount bushings.

Don’t do a symposer delete if you’re keeping the stock exhaust, in my opinion.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sounds like a start.....I remember when I was in your position. I said i will NOT be doing BT.....Tune.....Intercooler....Aero. But look where I am today!

Everything above has been Done!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

What are your goals, suspension wise? I think struts and shocks would be more helpful than springs for performance, unless you are doing it for aesthetic reasons.

OP
358R
Thread Starter #7
Personally, I wouldn't bother with a DV, I would get a block for the sound symposium once tuned as it becomes an annoying drone with higher boost levels.
Plugs- that will depend on your tuner.
This guy: https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...irect-replacement?_pos=1&_sid=a7f55c2b5&_ss=r

The only thing I’d add to this is the solid shifter base and trans mount bushings.

Don’t do a symposer delete if you’re keeping the stock exhaust, in my opinion.
And these:

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...er-base-bushings-fiesta-st-2014-free-shipping

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...rt-street-or-race?_pos=2&_sid=a467e035a&_ss=r

OP
358R
Thread Starter #8
What are your goals, suspension wise? I think struts and shocks would be more helpful than springs for performance, unless you are doing it for aesthetic reasons.
I would like it lowered, but not to the point I'm scrapping going over everything. The main goal is efficiency.

OP
358R
Thread Starter #9
Sounds like a start.....I remember when I was in your position. I said i will NOT be doing BT.....Tune.....Intercooler....Aero. But look where I am today!

Everything above has been Done!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Which aero things did you do?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Good list. Don't know where in SC you are but I lived in Rock Hill when I got the car. Will likely get real hot if you do more than one or two pulls without considerable cruising in between. Upgraded radiator is your friend.

OP
358R
Thread Starter #12
Good list. Don't know where in SC you are but I lived in Rock Hill when I got the car. Will likely get real hot if you do more than one or two pulls without considerable cruising in between. Upgraded radiator is your friend.
Back and forth between Clemson and Aiken (home and work).

OP
358R
Thread Starter #13
I also forgot to mention modest audio upgrades-door speakers, directional tweeters, sub.

Good list.

Is an LSD more than you wanted to do? Looking back at all the money I’ve spent in mods, if I had to do it again, it’d be one of my first changes. But that’s just my opinion, and I recognize it’s a big outlay.

In addition to what everyone else has said...here are some cheaper suggestions:
—changing the trans fluid to Ravenol MTF-3 (I’d use MTF-2 if I didn’t live somewhere so cold or didn’t drive in the winter).
—if you have Recaro’s, swap out the headrest for the 4-way adjustable leather ones from a Focus (I can provide more info if you want). It’s more comfortable for me because it doesn’t push my head forward as much, especially with a helmet (if you autocross or track). But I like to sit pretty upright, so it might not be an issue for you.
—not sure what year you have, but I have a 2017 that didn’t come with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and upgrading my Synch 3 to the newer version with those features was a big plus.

OP
358R
Thread Starter #16
Good list.

Is an LSD more than you wanted to do? Looking back at all the money I’ve spent in mods, if I had to do it again, it’d be one of my first changes. But that’s just my opinion, and I recognize it’s a big outlay.

In addition to what everyone else has said...here are some cheaper suggestions:
—changing the trans fluid to Ravenol MTF-3 (I’d use MTF-2 if I didn’t live somewhere so cold or didn’t drive in the winter).
—if you have Recaro’s, swap out the headrest for the 4-way adjustable leather ones from a Focus (I can provide more info if you want). It’s more comfortable for me because it doesn’t push my head forward as much, especially with a helmet (if you autocross or track). But I like to sit pretty upright, so it might not be an issue for you.
—not sure what year you have, but I have a 2017 that didn’t come with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and upgrading my Synch 3 to the newer version with those features was a big plus.
Yea, the LSD is probably more than I want to do. Good notes about the tranny fluid. Thanks. And I may be interested in the headrest. I'll let you know once I get it in hand. It's a '16.

OP
358R
Thread Starter #17
Also, let's add brakes/calipers/rotors to the discussion. Are the calipers good enough to just upgrade the rotors and/or pads and go? Or does the brake system need a full overhaul? Seems like I don't see as many brake upgrades.

Brianmc27

Also, let's add brakes/calipers/rotors to the discussion. Are the calipers good enough to just upgrade the rotors and/or pads and go? Or does the brake system need a full overhaul? Seems like I don't see as many brake upgrades.
The OE rotors and pads are as good as it gets for our car. (Not a knock on aftermarket pads, but ford spoiled us with the stock ones). Be sure to replace with the pads that came with the summer tires rather than the A/S tires. I just installed some I got from rock auto. All 4 pads with centric rotors cost me $250 total to do.

The only way to upgrade is a big brake kit - which runs into 4 digits.

Unless you are tracking it, the stock brakes are fine, provided the car came with summer tires from the factory.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Unless you are tracking it, the stock brakes are fine, provided the car came with summer tires from the factory.
Beat me to it, and the only exception I would add to this is if you absolutely MUST HAVE the 'looks'/aesthetics of a fixed, multi-piston caliper, big brake kit.

(But that is a serious bunch of coin for merely better looks on a street driven only ride. [wink])