Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Moldy cabin air filter?

Just changed my cabin air filter at just shy of 15k miles - shocked to see a bunch of dark mold looking growth on the clean side of the cabin air filter. Is this necessary to take into the dealer for a checkup and cleaning? Is this even covered under warranty? I've never had actual mold grow on the filter in any previous non-Ford car.

I never smelled any musty mildew smell.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Just change your filter more often. You could also try different brands some advertised they are resistant to mildew and such.
There is nothing to check or fix.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Spray disinfectant (like Lysol) in at the base of the windshield (air inlet grate) with the A/C on with the blower motor set to high. Make sure you DON'T have it in recirculation mode. That will help kill the mold inside the air tubes. The other thing that helps is to turn off your A/C a little before you shut off the car to clear out the cold air out of those tubes. The cold air sits in there and with the temperature being hot outside forms condensation which in turn grows mold. Make sense?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
Spray disinfectant (like Lysol) in at the base of the windshield (air inlet grate) with the A/C on with the blower motor set to high. Make sure you DON'T have it in recirculation mode. That will help kill the mold inside the air tubes. The other thing that helps is to turn off your A/C a little before you shut off the car to clear out the cold air out of those tubes. The cold air sits in there and with the temperature being hot outside forms condensation which in turn grows mold. Make sense?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I think I'll do that and put a fresh filter in (obviously). Thanks for the tips everyone.