Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Money to Spend. What to do next? Help!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
So I have enough cash for one big mod over the winter. I was thinking about the Cobb exhaust system but the more I think about it now I'm leaning toward their intercooler system and intake then saving up all winter and getting the exhaust system next spring. Is that a good plan? Or it doesn't really matter which one to go with?

Any help would be appreciated as always!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Intercooler. Besides the turbo, its the best upgrade to bolt-on. Assuming you have an access port already.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Yep. All those mods in my signature. And that works for me because the intercooler and charge pipes are cheaper than the exhaust and downpipe package any way.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I would agree, the intercooler should be next. All the reports and data I have seen point directly to the intercooler as a "must do" upgrade.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Cool. That is what I will do then. I'm going with Cobb's set up and then purchasing their intake whenever it comes out also.

If the intake isn't out by the end of October I'm going to go a head and just buy the intercooler and have it installed. They really need to hurry up. Ha.

CanadianST

I noticed more of a difference with the downpipe than with my intercooler but that being said it wasn't by much. If you plan to do the whole "stage" thing might as well get the intercooler and intake first.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I'm going to go through Randy and get a specialized tune but might as well on in order either way.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
And if you plan on moding further, the intercooler is a great supporting mod!