Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

More Aggressive Tune Option?

Hello,

As some of you have read my son just bought a 2019 FiST last week. We have already done the cobb stage 1. We like it but would like to know if a more aggressive tune is available as we keep being told the cobb one is very conservative.

1. Does anyone on here sell a tune that is much more aggressive?

2. If so how much power than the cobb?

3. Can we use the cobb handheld to load your tune?

4. My son is an active duty marine, what is the best price for your tune?

Thanks!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
There are a bunch of tune options, so you are opening a big can of worms :p I think there’s a poll on the tuning forum to see what everyone uses. I think the two most often recommended are stratified and dizzy. I (and many others) have both - the stratified tune tends to feel much more aggressive with a big torque hit, where the dizzy is much smoother and more linear. If I remember correctly they both make power within a few % of one another. If you want to get more aggressive with the tuning, an intercooler is strongly recommended. Stratified can tend to frustrate people with longer response times to questions/adjustments while Jason @ dizzy is super responsive.

I run the stratified occasionally to get silly but always go back to dizzy because it’s much more comfortable on a daily basis. The stratified tune seems to eat tired faster because of the way torque hits early and aggressively.

Dizzy does holiday sales where you can get a pump gas tune and an e30 tune as a bundle which is a great deal. E30 is the best way to get max powaaaaaah but can be inconvenient if you don’t have e85 available and don’t want to measure/mix your gas to hit 30% ethanol every time you fill up.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
1.....Get a new Rear Motor Mount/ RMM to help with wheel hop and traction.

2. Get a High flow panel style filter

3. Get an Cobb AP3 /Accessport with a Flash Tune from Stratified/ Dizzytuning/ Purple drank/ JST/ Tune plus....all do custom tuning and some do Flash tunes. If it was me I'd get a flash tune.

4. Get an updated intercooler

5. Next step Hybrid/ BT option

6. New Tires.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
ArabianOak
Thread Starter #6
1.....Get a new Rear Motor Mount/ RMM to help with wheel hop and traction.

2. Get a High flow panel style filter

3. Get an Cobb AP3 /Accessport with a Flash Tune from Stratified/ Dizzytuning/ Purple drank/ JST/ Tune plus....all do custom tuning and some do Flash tunes. If it was me I'd get a flash tune.

4. Get an updated intercooler

5. Next step Hybrid/ BT option

6. New Tires.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
The cobb stage 1 comes with most of the above,,,which we did already. So you can load other tunes using the cobb handheld?

OP
ArabianOak
Thread Starter #9
Just loaded Dizzy's tune...very nice difference over the cobb! I also ordered the colder NGK plugs...is the gap 0.52?

Thanks again for all the help...my son is going to really enjoy this car!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Just loaded Dizzy's tune...very nice difference over the cobb! I also ordered the colder NGK plugs...is the gap 0.52?

Thanks again for all the help...my son is going to really enjoy this car!

That 1 day turnaround!

Did you already do the pull, log, and send it to him? If not take it easy until he reviews the log just to be safe. Everyone’s gas is different.

While the tune is new you might want to have the ignition corrections gauges for cylinder 4 and maybe one other on the access port to be safe. Positive corrections good negative bad. Occasional minor corrections while driving around normally aren’t necessarily bad, negative corrections during a hard pull *are* bad.

Next step, hit whoosh for an intercooler for maximum safety!

Last edited:

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
How can I find out if that gap is correct for the ngk colder plugs?
I think a lot of us just order the pregapped ones from whoosh - he sends them out at 0.26 so that’s probably what you should target. Remember there are both metric and imperial plug gap tools, I will not admit to making a very expensive mistake once because of that... but double check :p also don’t use the old school wedge-style gap adjustment for iridium plugs.

There’s a conversion table here to be safe https://www.briskusa.com/spark_plug_gap_spark_plug_gap_chart

danbfree

3000 Post Club
How can I find out if that gap is correct for the ngk colder plugs?
Because that's about what every tuner recommends: .026... They can be ordered from a number of our vendors pre-gapped as iridium need to be done carefully with a screw gadget to tighten spark plug gap from the too wide .032 they usually come out of the box. Dizzy, the tuner sells them, as well as hardware vendors Whoosh, Pwnall and Mountune.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I just loaded his Stage 2 tune. I’ll drive it some and report back. It seems stronger and smoother than Cobb OTS tunes.
Yes, since you haven't heard it: The Cobb OTS tunes do suck, everyone knows this, lol... I mean, up to Stage 2 is OK for what it is, free, but their stage 3 is really strangely inefficient, as in not smooth and runs hot compared to a smoother and stronger Dizzy stage 2.

OP
ArabianOak
Thread Starter #19
Yes, since you haven't heard it: The Cobb OTS tunes do suck, everyone knows this, lol... I mean, up to Stage 2 is OK for what it is, free, but their stage 3 is really strangely inefficient, as in not smooth and runs hot compared to a smoother and stronger Dizzy stage 2.
I think the Cobb tune is fine but comes on softer than dizzys. There really isn’t much if any performance increase. Just better feel in my opinion.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I think the Cobb tune is fine but comes on softer than dizzys. There really isn’t much if any performance increase. Just better feel in my opinion.
I've finally had a chance to run the Dizzy Stage 2 93 pump tune and even coming off his and others ethanol and Stage 1 tunes, it's just amazing... how this car deserves to come stock. That said, while his Stage 2 and OTS Stage 3 may come out to almost exactly the same power, the Cobb is inefficiency and twitchy. Not only smoothness, which I can explain how he does it if you want, I also have far better temp control running Dizzy... Anyway, looks like this thread has come full circle, you now see the benefits of even just a $75 flash tune is just much better. Stratified uses the same style of tune as OTS and even though I personally am not a fan of that style, Stratified's is also much more efficient and refined than the Cobb one too, just to add...