Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Motorcraft Brake Pads

I’ll start off by saying I don’t mean to post a question that’s probably been asked a million times but I didn’t have much luck by searching for this.

I’m very due for some pads (especially front) and have settled on just going oem since I want bite and don’t care about dust.

The only problem is I see 3 options for the front set on four disc cars. One says ST specifically, mentions summer tires, and 2015+. Are these the best performance? And best for my 2017? They’re also $150..

I’ve heard BF1494 are the ones to get but on Motorcrafts site they just say performance?

Suffice to say I’m confused as hell and need some guidance lol. Thanks for any suggestions

Brianmc27

I got all 4 corners from RockAuto for $110. If you look on their website it’s clear which ones the performance ones are - summer tire option. Also RockAuto marked them with a heart as a favorite.

Zormecteon

I believe that FORD has a "brakes for life" deal. That is replace with their pads and all you have to pay is labor for as long as own the car. Check into that if you're going with OEM pads.

Business6

Wait so $2000 for pads and rotors????
They must've thought you had a GT500 or something cause that's a rip off.
Yup, I laughed pretty hard and then asked if he was serious.

He was serious.

I even asked if I supplied whatever brakes to install would that change it much and he said "no, not really as it's calculated by axle." So that's a pretty cool scam.

OP
ShadowHatch
Thread Starter #9
Thanks everyone. I’m going to Ford to see if that brake pad lifetime guarantee would be worth it but I have the pads in my cart on RockAuto in case. Probably the cheapest option

When it's Brakes or Clutches the "cheapest option" will also be the one that lasts only a year, or two years at the most. For me the last straw was the clutch on a 1978 Chevy Monza. Horsing that heavyweight transmission back into the car took 2 of us and I'll bet we had it in and out at least 10 times trying to get the clutch aligned properly with the transmission shaft and pilot hole in the flywheel. BTW, yeah I had an alignment tool, bad news is those only seem to work for me if engine and transmission are out of the car. Anyhow after all that work that cheap clutch only lasted for 42,000 miles. Note, the OEM clutch lasted for 148K miles. Ever since then I go with nothing but OEM.

Yup, I laughed pretty hard and then asked if he was serious.

He was serious.

I even asked if I supplied whatever brakes to install would that change it much and he said "no, not really as it's calculated by axle." So that's a pretty cool scam.
Sweet baby Jesus they should not be in business charging prices like that lol.

Business6

Sweet baby Jesus they should not be in business charging prices like that lol.
Sir, I daresay it is exactly what keeps them in business.

I keep forgetting to call and ask another local dealer what they charge. Or the same dealer, for that matter, just to see if what the service advisor said a couple months ago was in some massive error.

I keep forgetting to call and ask another local dealer what they charge. Or the same dealer, for that matter, just to see if what the service advisor said a couple months ago was in some massive error.
I really hope it was an error because I would feel terrible knowing that some poor old person had to pay something like that for a brake job. But definitely call other places and give us an update I'm curious to know what the normal price is around you.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
When I worked in a shop we always replaced the rotors always, and a pad and rotor replacement was normally under $300.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

As I'm researching pads again, I will just chime in on the dealership parts and labor. in the DC/metro area I was once quoted over $400 for the fronts only which included taxes, new pads, rotors, and a fluid flush. the fluid flush alone was over $100. I had new rotors and pads in my trunk and they finally agreed to install them for $200 labor charge, which is average for my area. Any brake noise or rattling though I was on my own. i came out even on total cost of supplying my own pads and rotors. I just don't have the space to work on my car like i used to.

Currently (Feb. 2021) Ford is running a promo for $180 per axle for new pads, labor, and resurfacing rotors. If your dealer will honor that price its not bad. keep in mind they'll try to upsell you on new rotors if they're close to minimum thickness and a fluid flush. the fluid flush is always an upsell no matter which shop I ask because its mostly margin and helps with pedal feel, which reduces the chances of you bringing it back.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^That actually sounds great, as one of the local dealers was quoting me over $200.00 per axle for labor ONLY (NO; parts at all, flush, fluid, or even re-greasing the slider pins). [:(]

I would be happy to pay $180.00 per axle if they maybe substituted the flush labor for the rotor resurface part of the service, and either let me supply rotors, or did not totally **** me on their charge for the Motorcraft rotors from their parts department.

kevinatfms

I could see $200 per axle...$50-70 pads and another $125-150 labor. But $2000 per axle is atrociously bad.